17:51, Wed 17 Jan
Donated £8,000 to Port Vale to say sorry for the game being abandoned

[www.bbc.co.uk]
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:03, Wed 17 Jan
The thing I am most shocked about is the cost of the statue. 100 bags, wow
Turn left when you get on a plane.
20:35, Wed 17 Jan
Well done Reading Fans. I would prefer to see the Port Vale fans who travelled to Reading have their travel costs and ticket costs returned but this is still a good gesture.
23:07, Wed 17 Jan
I presume that they will get the ticket refunded if they do not wish to attend the re-arranged game. As for travel costs, well that has probably gone down the pan.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
08:36, Thu 18 Jan
This is perhaps a controversial opinion, but I still think getting the game abandoned was totally out of order.

I understand the club are in a perilous position, but it feels like the beginning of a slippery slope if we normalise getting games called off for fan protests.

Also, if Port Vale would like to give me the £87k they've raised so far for that statue, I reckon I could knock something together with paper mache and some tinsel.
08:44, Thu 18 Jan
Based on the position they're in on and off the pitch and the amount of publicity this has got for Reading's situation I think it's more than acceptable for them to have done what they did

The bigger problem is crap owners being normalised, not fans invading the pitch
08:50, Thu 18 Jan
Tilton shark
The thing I am most shocked about is the cost of the statue. 100 bags, wow

Why every football fan/club want a usually 5th rate statue outside their ground is beyond me. Along with retiring shirt numbers and such bollix.
09:28, Thu 18 Jan
RomfordBlue
This is perhaps a controversial opinion, but I still think getting the game abandoned was totally out of order.

I understand the club are in a perilous position, but it feels like the beginning of a slippery slope if we normalise getting games called off for fan protests.

Also, if Port Vale would like to give me the £87k they've raised so far for that statue, I reckon I could knock something together with paper mache and some tinsel.

Did you do anything to help rid BSHL from us ? All the other stuff they have done hasn't changed the ownership and it seems to be getting worse, what else could they do ? If you don't show your feeling the Govt, FA and owners will just say well the fans don't seem bothered.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:52, Thu 18 Jan
I don’t think it’s controversial, it’s quite a conservative approach, I think anyone doing anything to stand up for their club should be applauded. They’ve had a big increase in air time and people are talking more about the state of their club and their cause.

I think fair at to them, most of the port vale fans there saluted them too. Somethings are more important than the 90mins.

With the exception of the potentially racist banners (certainly disgusting) the blues collective did, I salute their efforts in trying to force change as well.
10:05, Thu 18 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
RomfordBlue

Did you do anything to help rid BSHL from us ? All the other stuff they have done hasn't changed the ownership and it seems to be getting worse, what else could they do ? If you don't show your feeling the Govt, FA and owners will just say well the fans don't seem bothered.

The fans want Dai to sell the club.

Pitch invasions, game cancellations, and risking further points deductions do not make that outcome any more likely.
10:08, Thu 18 Jan
RomfordBlue
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
RomfordBlue

The fans want Dai to sell the club.

Pitch invasions, game cancellations, and risking further points deductions do not make that outcome any more likely.

I disagree. I think he’s being put under more and more pressure to do a deal.
10:09, Thu 18 Jan
Not sure that’s right, I don’t think the elf will deduct them points for it. They want the club sold too
10:18, Thu 18 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Not sure that’s right, I don’t think the elf will deduct them points for it. They want the club sold too

I hope you're right, but don't have that much faith in the good sense of the EFL.
10:22, Thu 18 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I don’t think it’s controversial, it’s quite a conservative approach, I think anyone doing anything to stand up for their club should be applauded. .

It depends what they are doing.
When Charlton fans threw tennis balls on and held a protest that was fine. They held the game up against us, but did not get it abandoned.
The vast majority of people go to football to see football, not a protest. Had the Reading supporters told Port Vale fans that they were going yto get the game abandoned? It's a long way from north Stoke to Reading to not see a game.

Marches, protests, sit-ins are all ok. I'm not sure getting games abandoned is. It's unfair on fans and unfair on other clubs.

There is also no evidence that it is effective. The EFL are already trying to force Yonge out. Hence the repeated fines and the warning to fund the club or leave. The problem I suspect is that there is no one waiting to takeover who will pay Yonge the amount he wants to sell the club. Protests don't change that.

I am unconvinced that the protests are more than a futile gesture.
10:23, Thu 18 Jan
Yeah exactly. All these owners want to go under the radar as the situation at Reading was largely doing. If anything is "out of order", it's the fact that Reading fans (who let's be honest, aren't exactly known to be the rowdiest of fans) felt they were left with no other option than breaking the law and getting a game abandoned to bring some attention onto their situation.

It's clearly worked because we're talking about it and it's been all over the press. A protest outside of the ground, a bunch of banners, some witty chants and anything else like that will only ever attract the attention of local journalists.