13:01, Thu 18 Jan
Seems to be getting more mainstream coverage nowadays. not a great thing as it'll bring the usual problems of more money / sponsorship and then the drug cheats, but hey ho.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

and also this week, the UK's toughest race took place, the spine race and jack scott smashed everyone on the field and the record

[run247.com]
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:08, Thu 18 Jan
A_n_E
Seems to be getting more mainstream coverage nowadays. not a great thing as it'll bring the usual problems of more money / sponsorship and then the drug cheats, but hey ho.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

and also this week, the UK's toughest race took place, the spine race and jack scott smashed everyone on the field and the record

[run247.com]

I think doping is pretty common in amateur sports anyway, it isn't really tied to money (beyond making the doping better quality!)
13:09, Thu 18 Jan
and here's a video with some of the competitors

AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:19, Thu 18 Jan
May be slightly off topic, but Backyard Ultra is an endurance race format where folk run a 4ish-mile loop every hour, and the race continues until only one person remains able to complete.

The longest ever ended between Courtney Dauwalter and Johan Steene. They kept running for 68 hours and 283.33 miles before Courtney Dauwalter won.

Here's a great mini-documentary about Backyard Ultra

13:19, Thu 18 Jan
Snoop
I think doping is pretty common in amateur sports anyway, it isn't really tied to money (beyond making the doping better quality!)

i agree, but ultra running was probably one of the last bastions of a clean sport (especially at amateur level)
13:22, Thu 18 Jan
Lazarus Lake is a legend, the berkley marathons is just an insane race.

BTW the world record for backyard ultras was demolished last year

[therunningchannel.com]
13:22, Thu 18 Jan
A_n_E
Lazarus Lake is a legend, the berkley marathons is just an insane race.

BTW the world record for backyard ultras was demolished last year

[therunningchannel.com]

Wow! Thanks for the update.
13:30, Thu 18 Jan
i followed it as he was doing it, it was simply insane to see him actually running that last lap and not crawling on his hands and knees
13:57, Thu 18 Jan
It's done the rounds on here but the Barkley Marathons documentary is ace
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H