18:56, Thu 18 Jan
Warmed to a manager so quickly like I have Mowbray.

Sat hanging on his every word, couldn’t listen to him all night. Not in the last 20 years have I felt so optimistic!

Love the bassa
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
19:03, Thu 18 Jan
The blokes seems the opposite of the previous manager. I'm confident now. This is the beginning of a new era.
19:07, Thu 18 Jan
Bluemarc81

Sat hanging on his every word, couldn’t listen to him all night. Not in the last 20 years have I felt so optimistic!

Love the bassa
Why couldn't you listen to him all night ?
19:13, Thu 18 Jan
Agree. Down to earth. He talks sense, no BS.
19:14, Thu 18 Jan
davenports
Bluemarc81

Love the bassa
Why couldn't you listen to him all night ?

Fat thumbs. Could
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
23:37, Thu 18 Jan
That the ridiculous football management carousel plonked Tony at our doorstep at this time is possibly the greatest slice of good fortune our club has had in decades.
07:04, Fri 19 Jan
Royal Blue
That the ridiculous football management carousel plonked Tony at our doorstep at this time is possibly the greatest slice of good fortune our club has had in decades.

And before Fate or whatever gets any ideas, we pre-paid in advance. For decades.
08:35, Fri 19 Jan
I do think it also helps that Rooney's era was so short and not very good when all said and done.
It was a change back into the right direction and is fixing a lot of what went wrong. Were more appreciative that we made a proactive change with someone who has great experience and is generally a lovely bloke.
09:00, Fri 19 Jan
👍
Tam
09:04, Fri 19 Jan
KROJim
I do think it also helps that Rooney's era was so short and not very good when all said and done.
It was a change back into the right direction and is fixing a lot of what went wrong. Were more appreciative that we made a proactive change with someone who has great experience and is generally a lovely bloke.

Yes, very much so. I don't think it would have been so enthusiastically received if he'd been a direct successor for Eustace, but as an antidote to the last few months, it's an absolute dream, as well as being an intelligent appointment. I really like our Tone.
Make Blues Great Again
09:20, Fri 19 Jan
Tam
I think that for all that owners fans and like to think that a good managerial appointment revolves around their tactical acumen, their past record and all that...probably the most under rated aspect is whether a manager is a good fit for that particular club.

If they arent, then they are pretty much doomed from the start.
Tam
09:34, Fri 19 Jan
Bluenose_68
I think that for all that owners fans and like to think that a good managerial appointment revolves around their tactical acumen, their past record and all that...probably the most under rated aspect is whether a manager is a good fit for that particular club.

If they arent, then they are pretty much doomed from the start.

I also think that if they’re perceived as a decent bloke then there’s goodwill from the start, and goodwill buys some time and understanding.
Make Blues Great Again
09:40, Fri 19 Jan
nick_p
Royal Blue

And before Fate or whatever gets any ideas, we pre-paid in advance. For decades.

Absolutely spot on!
09:55, Fri 19 Jan
Love him to bits, but also, if a club is going to chuck a lot of money and resources at promotion, I genuinely think he will know what to do with it and has very good chance of getting it right.

Also, from a cynical media point of view, he a lot more 'box office' in his interviews than Rooney would ever be. He'll be the next Netflix sensation, and I think he'll love that too. Though I really do not want us near Netflix!
10:06, Fri 19 Jan
I warmed pretty quickly to Gary Rowett. A 2-1 win v Watford in his first game and a nice jumper was enough.

Though after he horrors of Lee Clark's last few months I was easy pickings for anyone with good knitware even a vaguely sensible game plan.