10:04, Fri 19 Jan
Having trouble with the box . Have spent ages yesterday talking to people in India and not getting very far. Are there any numbers to talk to someone in this country? Thanks .
10:33, Fri 19 Jan
What's wrong with it ?
Turn it off. Leave it for 20 seconds. Back on.
Then leave it for 10 15 mins whilst it establishes connection (if it even does).

Check your coax cables from wall to box are in check.

Failing that, it might be goosed and you're better off trying their chat bot (in my experience).
10:48, Fri 19 Jan
Have you got a net gear plugged in and is it switched on….

I only say this because I couldn’t get any online services to work last week until I realised my wife had switched it off to plug a lamp in!
11:03, Fri 19 Jan
wookie
Have you got a net gear plugged in and is it switched on….

I only say this because I couldn’t get any online services to work last week until I realised my wife had switched it off to plug a lamp in!

My Mrs did the same thing last month , she put the Christmas tree up unplugged the router to put the Christmas lights on and then had a sh*t fit because the internet had gone off and she had to complete a property sale that day , she rang me at work demanding i sort it , I went through all the usual things and she says I've done all that blah blah so i tell her I will be back as soon as i can get away from work , only to receive a very shameful call 10 minutes later explaining MY mistake,,,,,,,lol
11:56, Fri 19 Jan
It's possible to identify a network outage before they actually know there is one.

Recently mine went down and their site said no outages in the area. This turned out to be bolox as - after arranging an engineer - I had an email telling me there was suddenly a known issue theyre working on.

Fair enough, it was sorted the same day.

They work on reporting. There is a threshold and once past that, they declare a local network issue. But people have to report it first.
12:21, Fri 19 Jan
I believe retentions is based in this country, if that helps?
12:44, Fri 19 Jan
Thanks all. We had the ‘ Green Screen ‘ of death.
Box has fried . Swap out tomorrow. Thanks again .
13:26, Fri 19 Jan
Miguelagenn
I believe retentions is based in this country, if that helps?

will be, if ever i'm stuck with an indian call centre i just ask to speak to someone in england or tell them i'm ending my contract and suddenly you get someone who will solve the problem.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years