12:49, Fri 19 Jan
Buchanan ... Obviously a brilliant signing for us as a left back

.. but what do people think of his time as a centre-half ?

When Laird's fit (well for the fortnight he may be fit before being injured again)

Would we be better off with

Ruddy
Laird Sanderson Buchanan Drameh

as the back four ?
12:51, Fri 19 Jan
Drop Drameh for him
12:53, Fri 19 Jan
How about Long?
13:00, Fri 19 Jan
Really would annoy me if we started playing a right footed player at LB when Buchanan is fit

Sanderson + Long are fine to see us through to end the season

If either of the CB's are going to be dropped it should be Sanderson
13:04, Fri 19 Jan
Laird right back, Buchanan left back for me, which is harsh on Drameh the way he’s been playing.

Chances of all three being fit at same time seem quite slim anyway so all will probably be naturally rotated.
13:08, Fri 19 Jan
Rags
Buchanan ... Obviously a brilliant signing for us as a left back

.. but what do people think of his time as a centre-half ?

When Laird's fit (well for the fortnight he may be fit before being injured again)

Would we be better off with

Ruddy
Laird Sanderson Buchanan Drameh

as the back four ?

I'd stick with him at left back - get everyone in their best position.
Plus given Laird's fitness history, he should be rotated with Drameh and anyway to manage his time plus less disruption if he does get injured again.
13:10, Fri 19 Jan
Nah if everyone is fit I’d play him left back. Square pegs in square holes
13:10, Fri 19 Jan
Brad1875
Really would annoy me if we started playing a right footed player at LB when Buchanan is fit

Sanderson + Long are fine to see us through to end the season

If either of the CB's are going to be dropped it should be Sanderson

This.

Spike will do his nut when he see this suggestion.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:14, Fri 19 Jan
Absolutely not. Buchanan is the best left back outside the top 4, and is also about three foot tall, he’s a good emergency centre back but we don’t want to be starting him there and playing a right footed player at LB.

Laird - Sanderson - Long - Buchanan

Unfortunate for Drameh but Laird is made of biscuits, Drameh will get game time
13:38, Fri 19 Jan
No - Buchanan is a left back who can do a job at centre half if desperate.

He gives us balance playing left back that Drameh wouldn't and has probably been our most consistent player this season, keep him where he is.
16:22, Fri 19 Jan
The way Sanderson has been struggling of late, I would like us to try Drameh as a centre back rather than Buchanan, personally.
I’d say he’s a good 5’11, athletic and pretty quick. I reckon Mowbray could make a centre half out of him.
I definitely think we should be keeping our left footed full back in the left back spot.
16:45, Fri 19 Jan
Drameh is 5”9
16:49, Fri 19 Jan
If it were me and we are all glad it's not, Drameh has played well enough to stay ahead of Laird (good though he is when fit) and keep his place until form on the pitch, and in training, says otherwise. Competition for places, no favourites.
17:03, Fri 19 Jan
Peakyblue
If it were me and we are all glad it's not, Drameh has played well enough to stay ahead of Laird (good though he is when fit) and keep his place until form on the pitch, and in training, says otherwise. Competition for places, no favourites.

While I think it’d be a shame for Drameh to be dropped on current form, Laird is a cheat code at RB/RWB. He’s got the same defensive stability as Drameh but he’s beyond rapid going forward to boot, see the Leeds game winner for the perfect example. It’s unfortunate for Drameh but if Laird is fit he has to play for me
17:10, Fri 19 Jan
Outside the top 4 of the prem or championship? Buchanan isn't that small and he's great in the air, I would keep him at left back though as we have nobody else.