08:30, Sun 21 Jan
Just seen a headline online today from today's Express that the Northern section of HS2 is back on track and will be funded by the private sector.

Get started on that new stadium Mr Wagner!!
08:36, Sun 21 Jan
They’re gonna put on a replacement bus service
Happy Clapper
08:39, Sun 21 Jan
Just seen a headline online today from today's Express that the Northern section of HS2 is back on track and will be funded by the private sector.

Get started on that new stadium Mr Wagner!!

Saw that coming a mile off. Many opportunities for business so they make it happen one way or another.

Wouldnt surprise me if uncle tom has a finger in the pukka pie.
Dan
09:52, Sun 21 Jan
Hopefully be quicker for you to get up to the Crucible when it’s all done
09:55, Sun 21 Jan
Dan
😂
10:12, Sun 21 Jan
Dan
Dan
😂
Tony Fantastico
10:37, Sun 21 Jan
Thought they had already sold off some of the land to developers, or maybe they buy it back again. All a bit of mess really.
10:40, Sun 21 Jan
Thought they had already sold off some of the land to developers, or maybe they buy it back again. All a bit of mess really.

The land sale is likely to be tied up in the courts. Won’t happen for years if at all.
10:42, Sun 21 Jan
Dan
LOL fair play. Made me chuckle.
14:55, Sun 21 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady

The land sale is likely to be tied up in the courts. Won’t happen for years if at all.

Yep... All todays reports say that there have been no land sales (of land previously procured for HS2 North) as yet...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
16:00, Sun 21 Jan
I'm sure there will be some upset donors finding out they won't be able to buy up the land at a snip price off their mates in government.
18:28, Sun 21 Jan
I cannot see that private Companies are going to come up with the Billions of pounds needed. I hope I am wrong but I do not think it will happen.
18:33, Sun 21 Jan
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, it's another M6 toll road
18:42, Sun 21 Jan
Well the covenant to stop land between Lichfield and Crewe being sold was only lifted last week so I doubt there will be anything happening quickly with regards land sales there, and the covenant for land between Crewe and Manchester has yet to be lifted.

I'll be surprised if any of the plans with private investment get off the ground, but lets wait and see.
19:13, Sun 21 Jan
albi
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, it's another M6 toll road
I think you will find its a railway not a road😁
Anyway is much needed. All we need is the leg to Leeds to get the go-ahead again