10:45, Sun 21 Jan
Seemed to get our best XI on the pitch in a formation that worked. IMO only Ethan Laird could improve that XI from our current squad.
12:02, Sun 21 Jan
Yep agree with that. laird back and Donovan on the bench. Lets see what Dozzell can do as well to make us stronger either starting or from the Bench.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
14:53, Sun 21 Jan
I think TM will start with Long when the opposition cross lots of balls into the box or are good on set pieces.
15:07, Sun 21 Jan
BlueSteve
Seemed to get our best XI on the pitch in a formation that worked. IMO only Ethan Laird could improve that XI from our current squad.

Getting all the best players on the pitch and not looking totally disjointed. When is the last time we can say that happened.
15:19, Sun 21 Jan
Be harsh to drop drahme for laird. Nice to have options
18:11, Sun 21 Jan
We should rotate Drameh and Laird so that Laird only plays 1 game per week. By managing his workload we cane maybe keep him clear of so many injuries.
18:22, Sun 21 Jan
we look dangerous going forward but we need to be able top keep hold of the ball better .If that comes some team is going to be seriously tanned
09:04, Mon 22 Jan
BlueSteve

Can't reply on Laird Steve. Not his fault but his injuries make him someone you can not really plan in the long term equation.
09:08, Mon 22 Jan
BlueSteve
We should rotate Drameh and Laird so that Laird only plays 1 game per week. By managing his workload we cane maybe keep him clear of so many injuries.

I think this is a really sensible suggestion.

Next season, all being well, we’ll play 50-52 games.

Even without his repeated injuries it’s a lot to ask one player to play all of them at the energy level Laird brings.

They could easily play make 25 starts each plus sub appearances and be kept happy.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:13, Mon 22 Jan
Be harsh to drop drahme for laird. Nice to have options

People who attend a lot more games than I seem impressed with Drameh but he seems at fault for too many goals for me. Has he got an evening job too? Only I've just let somebody go who had an evening job because she couldn't stay awake for her full-time job.
Dan
09:24, Mon 22 Jan
Nikola Zigic
BlueSteve

Even without his repeated injuries it’s a lot to ask one player to play all of them at the energy level Laird brings.

They could easily play make 25 starts each plus sub appearances and be kept happy.

Usual 46 games in the league, Europa League will be 8 games minimum (play-off and then group stages), FA Cup I'd imagine as defending champions we'd have a decent go again, and then probably have to sacrifice the league cup. More like 60 games.
09:29, Mon 22 Jan
Dan
Dan
Nikola Zigic
BlueSteve

Usual 46 games in the league, Europa League will be 8 games minimum (play-off and then group stages), FA Cup I'd imagine as defending champions we'd have a decent go again, and then probably have to sacrifice the league cup. More like 60 games.
Are we basing this number on automatic promotion or having to slum our way through the play offs ?
09:36, Mon 22 Jan
Dan
That's the season after but I admire your optimism.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:37, Mon 22 Jan
davenports
Dan
Nikola Zigic
BlueSteve

Are we basing this number on automatic promotion or having to slum our way through the play offs ?

I want the playoffs. I want the day out and the proper buzz of a day at Wembley.

Going up automatically would be great obviously but playoffs better, unless we win the league at a canter which I'd enjoy.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Yeah either win the league or win the play offs.

Going up second isn’t as thrilling