10:30, Tue 23 Jan
I know there’s a few original fans of The Jam on here.

Not normally keen on tribute bands, but stumbled across a relatively new band called Pretty Green who seem decent from a couple of bits on YouTube.

Playing at Sally Brown’s, Stirchley on Friday 8th March, tickets £7 in advance.

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]
10:35, Tue 23 Jan
Sally Browns?
Is this the old Roadhouse venue?
We've only got Chewits
10:35, Tue 23 Jan
Yes, reopening.
10:58, Tue 23 Jan
i'd rather put my £7 in a fruit machine tbh
11:06, Tue 23 Jan
Or a jukebox.
11:22, Tue 23 Jan
I see what you did there 😁
Best Jam tribute I’ve seen is The Jamm.
Seen them a few times, really good and played stuff from setting sons / all mod cons.
Don’t know if they’re still going though.
11:29, Tue 23 Jan
There are tons of Jam/Weller tribute bands about now, new ones seem to be emerging all the time. I'm not sure if the Jamm are still going but only the one with the single 'm' would get my interest. That won't happen though, I used to think it would but it's gone now.
11:39, Tue 23 Jan
Yeah same here, it will never happen sadly
12:35, Tue 23 Jan
Many years ago I went to the Town Hall to see a Jam tribute band called All Mod Cons and at the end I realised the whole tribute band thing is one big con. Never again.

The Jam were great back in the day and we'll likely never see their like again. Best left that way.
12:38, Tue 23 Jan
Just go and watch from the Jam. Closest you're ever gonna get to the best.
12:42, Tue 23 Jan
Yes, seen them a few times.
12:45, Tue 23 Jan
I don't see how it's a con, it is what it claims to be.

Were All Mod Cons the band with the American lead singer?

I saw one in Quinton with such a lead singer, way back probably not so long after the split. I also saw The Jamm which was an ok pub night and From the Jam, which was exceptionally awful.
13:45, Tue 23 Jan
BlueStorm
Many years ago I went to the Town Hall to see a Jam tribute band called All Mod Cons and at the end I realised the whole tribute band thing is one big con. Never again.

The Jam were great back in the day and we'll likely never see their like again. Best left that way.

Agree with this. Even if they performed again Weller’s singing key is such now that the songs sound dull. It’s all academic anyway as he has always said that it will never happen
14:02, Tue 23 Jan
Yes mate, think they were Canadian.

Lead singer decided to thank the audience towards the end and had a definite accent.

I just find the whole concept of tribute acts awful but I do accept there's a massive audience for them and they fill venues.

Mates keep going on about the Small Fakers but again there's no chance of me going to see them.

It's a pity that young, new bands struggle for gigs and audiences.
07:50, Wed 24 Jan
Watched youtube clips. They look quite good. Thx for posting.