21:52, Tue 23 Jan
Look for recommendations as we’re thinking of changing from British Gas who’s billing system is in a bit of a mess. Any good options or are they much the same ? Do any have call centres in the UK ?
Thanks .
21:54, Tue 23 Jan
tbh had no problems what so ever with eon next...got all the governments credits no probs as well
22:06, Tue 23 Jan
I'm with Ovo Energy. Not had any sort of problem with them. Price is constantly below the Govt cap level. You do your own meter readings online which only takes a couple of minutes.

Periodically I use the price comparison sites but haven't been able to find anyone cheaper in the last couple of years.

Electricity is 100% green/ renewable sourced and the gas has some sort of carbon offset thingy if that sort of thing concerns you.

No idea about their call centre as I've never spoken with them but email comms have all been fine.
22:11, Tue 23 Jan
Octopus.....
No complaints whatsoever tbf
lowercaser
I'm with Ovo Energy. Not had any sort of problem with them. Price is constantly below the Govt cap level. You do your own meter readings online which only takes a couple of minutes.

Periodically I use the price comparison sites but haven't been able to find anyone cheaper in the last couple of years.

Electricity is 100% green/ renewable sourced and the gas has some sort of carbon offset thingy if that sort of thing concerns you.

No idea about their call centre as I've never spoken with them but email comms have all been fine.[/quote

Call centre is good and in the UK.
22:35, Tue 23 Jan
Pirate Blue
tbh had no problems what so ever with eon next...got all the governments credits no probs as well

Ditto... no problems with Eon Next.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
22:39, Tue 23 Jan
Their call centre (ovo/boost) is horrendous. Took them 4 months to change my tariff from day/night (storage heaters) to a standard tariff. This only happened in the end because I emailed the CEO. They are truly awful if you have a problem, fine if you don't.
22:46, Tue 23 Jan
Been with ovo almost 2 years. DD set at £238 a month which is way over what we use. Just asked for £1000 refund it’s taken them almost a month to give me my money back. It’s my 3rd refund off them in that period. Not all for £1k. But when I’ve pushed them to drop my DD they have been very difficult. I think my refunds have been. £500 £700 £1000 so shows how crap they’re at working out bills. And this is with me giving a reading on the 18th of every month. My DD is almost double what I actually use.
My deal ends in April.

On the radio yesterday it said gas and electric expected to fall by 16% from March April. So perhaps hold fire if you can.
22:58, Tue 23 Jan
Thanks all . Much appreciated. Makes me think the aggro we get from them is deliberate. Thanks again
23:27, Tue 23 Jan
Octopus are best in the business, I can also give you a referral and we both get £50 in credit if you go with them.
23:47, Tue 23 Jan
Second this. Been through a few. Octopus are great.
23:53, Tue 23 Jan
Yep, another Octopus vote. So easy. Web support and call centre very good.
05:38, Wed 24 Jan
I'm with octopus, no problems and pretty easy to get in touch if there is a problem.
06:33, Wed 24 Jan
Octopus very good compared with others I have used.
08:17, Wed 24 Jan
Another vote for Octopus