12:06, Wed 24 Jan
I need some help please. I saw my 1st game at St Andrews in 1956 aged 11 so you can tell my back teeth are well up. Mrs Puckers, being a soft old sod, wants to take us to Iceland to see the Northern Lights together before I pop my clogs...bless. Our flight is booked for 7th November for a week. Are there any blues fans who can give us solid info on rental cars, accommodation, and places to visit? We know it is expensive but we are on a budget. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. KRO
12:09, Wed 24 Jan
Someone on here lives there.

What are you wearing for Leicester?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:11, Wed 24 Jan
Blue Turnip lives there.

I had a fantastic work trip for a few days there last year so happy to offer some tips, but the guy who lives there will be your best bet.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:11, Wed 24 Jan
I went a few years ago and loved it. The best bit was a walking tour that we found online - book a place, turn up and pay what you think it's worth. The capital is so small but fascinating - love that the premier's residence/office is a house next to the pelican crossing with no security gates. Blue Lagoon is also expensive and worth a visit but I wouldn't make a second visit there.
12:12, Wed 24 Jan
seaside
I went a few years ago and loved it. The best bit was a walking tour that we found online - book a place, turn up and pay what you think it's worth. The capital is so small but fascinating - love that the premier's residence/office is a house next to the pelican crossing with no security gates. Blue Lagoon is also expensive and worth a visit but I wouldn't make a second visit there.

Blue Lagoon is shut right now cos of the volcano.
12:14, Wed 24 Jan
It's not the best one but it's the most popular.

I'm told the Sky Lagoon is better.
H

12:14, Wed 24 Jan
To be fair he's not going for ten months.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Don't put your Barbour down in "The English Pub", it'll get nicked.
H

12:19, Wed 24 Jan
Reykjavik is very small. Don't commit too much of your week to seeing it, I'd say 2 days tops.
12:22, Wed 24 Jan
the hot water smelling like eggs is normal

make use of the happy hours in the bars/pubs

have a think about whether you want to hire a care....the north of the island probably not accessible in Nov if you're thinking of driving all the way around it

alternative could be a golden circle tour, they take you to all the sights but it can be pretty formulaic and if you've got a week you could explore them yourself at your own pace with a car
12:24, Wed 24 Jan
I'd take a day to do the golden circle, start early and you can fit it all in without rushing too much
H

12:47, Wed 24 Jan
Went there for a stag doo and I ain’t kidding it’s literally 9 women to a bloke in the clubs.
If you’re married I’m sure there’s other stuff to do though.
12:50, Wed 24 Jan
I'm going next month, with the missus & kids, so interested too.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
14:36, Wed 24 Jan
Great help so far but keep the advice coming...thanks a million...KRO
14:38, Wed 24 Jan
Bloody hell. If I knew before I'd of parked the wheelie and left the missus at home...in my dreams.