14:58, Wed 24 Jan
Puckers
I need some help please. I saw my 1st game at St Andrews in 1956 aged 11 so you can tell my back teeth are well up. Mrs Puckers, being a soft old sod, wants to take us to Iceland to see the Northern Lights together before I pop my clogs...bless. Our flight is booked for 7th November for a week. Are there any blues fans who can give us solid info on rental cars, accommodation, and places to visit? We know it is expensive but we are on a budget. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. KRO

You’re welcome to PM me, also happy to meet up when you’re here, offer you some discount at the restaurant I manage etc.

Regarding car rental, the best value for money is a company called Sad Cars. They rent out slightly older but good cars at much cheaper prices and without having. To pay a huge deposit when you collect them.

Air BnB is usually the cheapest way to go with accommodation, if you leave the city you should definitely get yourself a summer house with hot tub for a couple of night in the countryside to holiday like a local.

Places to visit is dependent on what you like to do… happy to help build you a vague itinerary.

Avoid the Blue Lagoon, the owner is a w*nker of the highest order. There is a great “lagoon” called Krauma an hour’s drive from the capital that I’ve never seen more than 20 people at. You can often get two for one there.
15:10, Wed 24 Jan
Glasses, earing aid and incontinence pants whilst checking out IPTV. Missus will occasionally wipe my dribble away and feed me my heart medicine should Blues win. KRO
16:03, Wed 24 Jan
In terms of restaurants I'd recommend the two below:

Snaps:
[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

ROK:
[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

The latter is right outside the cathedral and is ace.

I stayed at the Exeter hotel which was pretty nice:
[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

All a bit scandi and minimalist, lovely beer on tap as well- Segull 67 was bang on.

My contact over there had one of these summer houses Blue Turnip mentioned, it was ace. Doesn't even need to plug in a hot tub, it all runs off the thermal water underground.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
17:07, Wed 24 Jan
Thanks alot. Your help is appreciated. Can you PM me the summer house details?
17:46, Wed 24 Jan
Nikola Zigic
It's not the best one but it's the most popular.

I'm told the Sky Lagoon is better.

I THINK I we went to Sky Lagoon- it was fantastic!

We hired a car and it was good value- let me find the name of the rental company.

As you know, it’s expensive but a brilliant country!

We ate in a Digbeth-dining-club-style food hall which was great (I think it’s where the aforementioned Blue Turnip works!)
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
17:51, Wed 24 Jan
Dress up warm because I have heard rumours that Iceland can get a little bit chilly.