17:55, Wed 24 Jan
My daughter and her boyfriend are going to Amsterdam at the weekend. They're both 18.

They've got some stuff planned - canal trip, Heineken museum and Anne Frank but I can't pretend that a coffeeshop won't be on the agenda.

So, any coffeeshop recommendations for the two of them?

Also, any decent places to eat that won't smash their limited budget?
17:57, Wed 24 Jan
I hope people ignore your username
Tony Fantastico
Dan
17:58, Wed 24 Jan
Any pictures?
17:59, Wed 24 Jan
18:07, Wed 24 Jan
Been 20 years since I was last in the Dam.

Avoid the bulldog at all costs, or anywhere the Brits abroad types frequent.

I used to go to a place called Rookies that was mainly Europeans and Americans. Don’t know if it’s still going but I would just ask any stoned yanks when I’m over there.
18:43, Wed 24 Jan
yeehaw

The Germans thought that for ages.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:59, Wed 24 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

Why is that then?
19:06, Wed 24 Jan
Goal Hole
Rab C Nesbitt

Why is that then?
The moment has long gone. It was a joke only I got
Tony Fantastico
19:20, Wed 24 Jan
Another shout for Rookies coffeechop. Like someone said, avoid the Bulldog franchise altogether, they're tourist traps.
Other decent places are, The Plug, Terps Army, Grey Area, 1Ehulp, Smokeys, Prix D'ami, Goa coffeeshop and Mike Tysons Tyson 2.0
19:40, Wed 24 Jan
I like the username!

"Was gonna kick it in the goal hole, but you know.... No dice!"

Captain Corrigan is flying without a licence
19:41, Wed 24 Jan
Paradox. Much more of a locals vibe, very small, friendly staff and a great cafe anyway even if you’re not there to smoke, but good products on offer if that’s what you are there for.
20:10, Wed 24 Jan
I suspect if you go for the coffee you’re unlikely to not experience the effects of the ‘general atmosphere’
20:20, Wed 24 Jan
Quite.
20:29, Wed 24 Jan
Goal Hole
My daughter and her boyfriend are going to Amsterdam at the weekend. They're both 18.

They've got some stuff planned - canal trip, Heineken museum and Anne Frank but I can't pretend that a coffeeshop won't be on the agenda.

So, any coffeeshop recommendations for the two of them?

Also, any decent places to eat that won't smash their limited budget?

The Grizzly pub is where I had the best steak burger ever and also The Grasshopper does decent grub at a good price … love the Dam
👍🏻
mad
20:29, Wed 24 Jan
Some surprisingly decent beer in Amsterdam these days

I enjoyed a place in Oost Amsterdam last year called Brouwerij Poesiat & Kater who did Indonesian inspired lunches, light meals and pub grub type stuff. It was only a couple of stops out on the tram from the museums and a nice stroll along a canal. It was away from the tourist trap areas but not too far if you know what I mean