18:42, Sat 27 Jan
I'm sure like most other people, the season is pretty much over for me today. We're not going down, incredibly unlikely to go up, so we'll be somewhere between 6th and 20th.

Obviously everyone's excited about the summer window and having a "proper go" next year, and I do think we'll do better and have a good shot of being top 10, but I'm not sure I'm really expecting much in terms of a playoff push next year.

This league is really, really tough. And we're about to have almost a complete squad rebuild in the summer - players are going to take time to gel together, and there may well still be a missing piece to the puzzle.

Hard to say without knowing the players we'll keep, the players we'll lose and the players we'll get through the door, but what are we expecting next year?
19:00, Sat 27 Jan
The league should be easier next year with Leicester out of it, probably along with one if not both of Leeds and Southampton. Burnley might be alright but I wouldn't expect much from Sheff Utd.

I'd be happy next season if we finished top ten. I don't want us trying to rush anything, which is what it felt like we were doing with Rooney. When we go up, I want us to do it right and stay there.
19:14, Sat 27 Jan
I'm still pessimistic about staying up. We still need to play all the teams below us but all are away from home. I know Mowbray has improved us but I fear it would be "typical blues" to finally get relegated when off the pitch things are looking up.
19:18, Sat 27 Jan
Roman
I'm still pessimistic about staying up. We still need to play all the teams below us but all are away from home. I know Mowbray has improved us but I fear it would be "typical blues" to finally get relegated when off the pitch things are looking up.

Not a chance.
19:23, Sat 27 Jan
I'm just hoping that next season we aim to be competitive. Not saying "oh let's challenge the league or push for promotion", but be around or near the playoffs. Be in a better position and no longer being involved in stagnation and continuous relegation battle every season.

By the new season, a lot of players will leave the club (wages or deadwood), we'd no longer be involved with FFP and with the naming rights, we'd have generated large money for the team to reinvest into the squad, and now have a good recruitment team to be more ambitious with transfer targets.

The process under Knighthead would take time and everyone knows we ain't going to play like prime Barca and win titles/cups every season etc.. but I'm just grateful for what they done to the club so far and that it's going to get much better for seasons to come.

Like you said, we ain't going to get promoted or relegated this season, so this season will be just trying to push us away from the relegation battle and aim to finished in mid table / at best upper end of the table like 12-10th place. Come by the beginning of the new season, we'd be in a better position as a club, and have a much brighter future that we ever had with BSHL.
19:39, Sat 27 Jan
...need to finish as high as we possibly can, remember the bonus money per place we finish higher than when the news was announced yesterday 👍😤
19:41, Sat 27 Jan
If we hadnt had 15 games of Rooney wed still be in some sort of play off contention

Thats what pissed me off the most about it, another season over in January
19:47, Sat 27 Jan
14th finish this season

Reach for the stars next
19:54, Sat 27 Jan
Roman

That’s very pessimistic especially considering this is one of the better managers we’ve had for a while with one of the best squads we’ve had for quite a while.

All about preparing for next season for me
Tam
19:58, Sat 27 Jan
mjd2505
I'm sure like most other people, the season is pretty much over for me today. We're not going down, incredibly unlikely to go up, so we'll be somewhere between 6th and 20th.

Obviously everyone's excited about the summer window and having a "proper go" next year, and I do think we'll do better and have a good shot of being top 10, but I'm not sure I'm really expecting much in terms of a playoff push next year.

This league is really, really tough. And we're about to have almost a complete squad rebuild in the summer - players are going to take time to gel together, and there may well still be a missing piece to the puzzle.

Hard to say without knowing the players we'll keep, the players we'll lose and the players we'll get through the door, but what are we expecting next year?

It's not really 'over' for me, tbh. I'm looking forward to watching Mowbray shape the side more towards his style and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the January window brings. I'm looking forward to the continuing developments around the ground as well, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of the season. That's not something that I've been able to say over the past decade.
Make Blues Great Again
20:06, Sat 27 Jan
Tam
Yes Tam. I’m looking at it as the start of the season. Can’t wait to see how things develop
20:11, Sat 27 Jan
Thanks for pissing on my chips
20:13, Sat 27 Jan
we are gonna smash the baggies next week
20:17, Sat 27 Jan
We’ll be in the promotion mix next year
Happy Clapper
AJW
20:21, Sat 27 Jan
Definitely 💪