11:06, Mon 29 Jan
Any thoughts on past experience?
11:11, Mon 29 Jan
QPR get a solid mention for worst
11:13, Mon 29 Jan
QPR away with mounted old bill blocking us from the last few hundred yards to the ground and they knew the game had started.
Deliberately antagonising with women and kids in the middle of it.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
11:19, Mon 29 Jan
South Wales police utter tosspots.
For sheer stupidity metropolitan police at Millwall a few years ago. Saturday evening game we were all penned in the enclosure. They decide to trot several horses into it. Que pandemonium totally unjustified
11:22, Mon 29 Jan
Leeds in the Cup a few years ago where they made us sit down & arrested anyone who stood up while the Leeds fans stood & taunted us all the match & we lost 3 Nil, my mates car broke down on the motorway & we were lucky to get a lift off Blues fans on the way to the game!!! Not a great away day for us, Kro.
11:22, Mon 29 Jan
South Yorks we’re proper bastards 70s and 80s
11:41, Mon 29 Jan
mr-bubble
South Wales police utter tosspots.
For sheer stupidity metropolitan police at Millwall a few years ago. Saturday evening game we were all penned in the enclosure. They decide to trot several horses into it. Que pandemonium totally unjustified

Yeah, I was at that Millwall game in 2017 when we lost 2-0 under Wurzel. I vowed never to return to the Den as the police there seem to be stuck in 1985. A few years have passed and I'm considering going there again this season, but I'm wondering if I'll regret it.

Same goes for QPR. I was there in 2016 when one of our fans decked a QPR fan on the pitch. Outside the ground was like a war zone with old bill everywhere in riot gear and blood all over the pavement. Loads of people missed the start of the game because they blocked fans from going in. Totally unnecessary as there's never been any issue with QPR fans over the years like at Millwall.

And yet you can go to grounds like Brentford or Charlton and have absolutely no bother from the same force.
11:44, Mon 29 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE

And into the 90s. They were utter tosspots at Rotherham when we lost 5-1 in 1989 and a year or two later they arrested Eamonn Dolan for warming down on the pitch after the game!!

You'd like to think they now behave more responsibly following all the Hillsborough fall-out, but I haven't been to a game up there in ages so I can't confirm if they're any better or not.
Fat Buddha CBE

This. Barnsley a few years ago springs to mind
Fat Buddha CBE

Agreed
11:57, Mon 29 Jan
South Yorks Police had officers patrolling with automatic weapons at Rotherham one season. I think it might have been after the Manchester Arena bombing.
It seemed badly thought out. I'm unconvinced there are circumstance when firing a large number of bullets in an area with crowds would help rather than increase the threat.
11:58, Mon 29 Jan
1984. Lived in Wolverhampton but supported the Blues. We beat them 2 nil I think at Molineux. So after the game I tried to make my way across the ring road but there was a line of police who were ushering Blues fans back to the train station.I went up to the one officer in the line and said "I'd like to go through please, I live in Wolverhampton". The response was a firm, "No you don't". To which I replied."Yes I do, I live in Penn and I need to catch the number 11 bus". To which I was told in no uncertain terms to shut my mouth and do as I was told and carry on to the train station. I moved on and tried reasoning with about 4 officers and got the same response. Then finally after about half a mile almost at the station I was finally allowed through and legged it.
12:00, Mon 29 Jan
Squatnose
Fat Buddha CBE

And into the 90s. They were utter tosspots at Rotherham when we lost 5-1 in 1989 and a year or two later they arrested Eamonn Dolan for warming down on the pitch after the game!!

You'd like to think they now behave more responsibly following all the Hillsborough fall-out, but I haven't been to a game up there in ages so I can't confirm if they're any better or not.

Agreed again arested my mate when he fell over and banged his head. We had had a few, and they would not let us get him help for the fall.
12:13, Mon 29 Jan
Most forces are bastards on a matchday
Tony Fantastico
12:21, Mon 29 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Most forces are bastards on a matchday

Can be, rather than are.
Mostly there are very few issues with them. Particularly if you don't misbehave.
They have got a lot better over the decades.
Fewer riot squads, more who will actually be polite.