12:01, Tue 30 Jan
Is an energy smart meter the same device regardless of the supplier ?
Ie if EDF install one next week then I choose Octopus as my energy supplier in 2 or three months time presumably the meter is common to both suppliers ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:03, Tue 30 Jan
No. But they will all have the same tech, ie Smet 2
12:03, Tue 30 Jan
Dunno. Ain’t got one. Don’t plan to. Nosey buggers
Tony Fantastico
12:05, Tue 30 Jan
Edited I see. O ce a smet 2 meter is fitted and you want to change supplier there is no need to have the meter changed.
12:06, Tue 30 Jan
Nicster
No. But they will all have the same tech, ie Smet 2

The Octopus gaffer has just slagged smart meters ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
12:07, Tue 30 Jan
Nicster
Edited I see. O ce a smet 2 meter is fitted and you want to change supplier there is no need to have the meter changed.

Yes edited , sorry.

Out of interest who do you use for energy ?
12:10, Tue 30 Jan
Don't blame him. I work for the company where you asked Sid and I haven't had one fitted as half of them don't work. The mandate from the government to fit them will end 31/12/25. The only issue is if you are going to want the cheapest tariffs you'll need on fitted.
12:14, Tue 30 Jan
lowercaser

Thanks mate
Useful.
12:14, Tue 30 Jan
BG. We get a little discount thruogh salary sacrifice. I've switched before and realised it was a waste of time and effort unless you have the time. As the new supplier you think is saving you money soon puts up rates and you're back to paying what you were previously in my personal experience anyway.
12:16, Tue 30 Jan
Nicster
Don't blame him. I work for the company where you asked Sid and I haven't had one fitted as half of them don't work. The mandate from the government to fit them will end 31/12/25. The only issue is if you are going to want the cheapest tariffs you'll need on fitted.

Thanks.
I'll probably stick with normal readings.
Hope you've done nicely with the shares 👍
12:21, Tue 30 Jan
It should carry across easy. I moved from
British Gas to Octupus in September and had no problems.

If you do wanna join Octupus I, along with anyone else on Octupus I think, can give you a referral and we’d both get £50 credit. Can even get a ticket in the Kop for that nowadays.
12:27, Tue 30 Jan
Probably about 2K down at the moment as I brought a load at £3.75 but they eventually dropped to 47p. Glad i cut my losses when I did. We get free shares at the moment started 2 years ago last year was nice and this year will also be good but not as much. However I'll need to keep them for 5 years until I can touch them and you don't make a profit on shares until you cash them out and the monies in the back.
12:36, Tue 30 Jan
Mozball
It should carry across easy. I moved from
British Gas to Octupus in September and had no problems.

If you do wanna join Octupus I, along with anyone else on Octupus I think, can give you a referral and we’d both get £50 credit. Can even get a ticket in the Kop for that nowadays.
I’ve beat you to it mate 😁
Tony Fantastico
13:18, Tue 30 Jan
generalBlue
Nicster

Thanks.
I'll probably stick with normal readings.
Hope you've done nicely with the shares 👍

I’m called all the time to switch to a smart meter, I just refuse.