16:27, Wed 31 Jan
I’m usually susceptible to general lurgy that hangs around and gets on my chest but Jesus what I’ve got now hurts so much more . Had the cough/ constant clearing of throat for a week or so . Had a phone app with doctor who prescribed a nasal steroid to aid with post nasal drip. Started bringing stuff up Wednesday and Thursday but since Sunday have felt rubbish. Constant cough, nothing coming up, bunged up but nothing much coming out when blowing. My throat feels like I’ve gargled glass . I’m drinking lots of water, honey and lemon, gargling with salt water and inhaling the steam from the iron . I haven’t got a gun .
16:28, Wed 31 Jan
Meadey
I’m usually susceptible to general lurgy that hangs around and gets on my chest but Jesus what I’ve got now hurts so much more . Had the cough/ constant clearing of throat for a week or so . Had a phone app with doctor who prescribed a nasal steroid to aid with post nasal drip. Started bringing stuff up Wednesday and Thursday but since Sunday have felt rubbish. Constant cough, nothing coming up, bunged up but nothing much coming out when blowing. My throat feels like I’ve gargled glass . I’m drinking lots of water, honey and lemon, gargling with salt water and inhaling the steam from the iron . I haven’t got a gun .

Welcome to the 'rona mate
16:33, Wed 31 Jan
Mad. I’ve had exactly the same situation as you.

Full on ill
16:35, Wed 31 Jan
Meadey

As Mayor says, this reminds me of New Year. Kids were ill, Mrs and Me were both bedbound with Covid ner-ner-ner-ner 19
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates

7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
14 September - Castlemeads Court Retirement Village, Gloucester
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:41, Wed 31 Jan
I had very similar to you. It’s still hanging on . Took months to subside . I tried Manuka honey which is expensive but worked for me . Plenty of water is the way to go. ( thins the snot out). I also used Olbas oil at night on a tissue on the pillow when going to sleep to keep nose free from snot. Came off semi skimmed milk also . Am on oatmeal milk which is fine. Hope this helps. KRO.
16:43, Wed 31 Jan
Not trying to be flippant but does any still test for it ? I have been sanitising my hands when going to the shops and putting a mask on when entering… but you don’t hear of anyone saying they have to isolate anymore
16:51, Wed 31 Jan
Anyone else had loss of hearing after this bout of illness, I've had the above but now can't hear bugger all.

It's internal not external (wax) just totally blocked inner ear?
16:52, Wed 31 Jan
had exactly that for last 2 weeks, only just starting to feel like I'm getting over it today

i had some kits and tested, not Covid
16:53, Wed 31 Jan
rybo
Anyone else had loss of hearing after this bout of illness, I've had the above but now can't hear bugger all.

yep, blocked ears for ages and been doing this to get some relief, started to work last few days [www.mercy.com]
16:54, Wed 31 Jan
Not trying to be flippant but does any still test for it ? I have been sanitising my hands when going to the shops and putting a mask on when entering… but you don’t hear of anyone saying they have to isolate anymore

Yep - mostly because both me and my wife have very elderly fathers with COPD who both had to isolate during the plague.
16:55, Wed 31 Jan
rybo

Eh??
mad
16:58, Wed 31 Jan
Had about four days of this two weeks before Xmas

Permanent hayfever and permanent cold the rest of the year.

Blue Nose here literally dripping since the cold snap
16:58, Wed 31 Jan
I’ve had this post nasal drip for months, it’s bloody awful. Feels like I’m drowning a lot of the time and the nasal steroids hardly touched it. Been a little bit better for the last couple of weeks but that maybe that I just tolerate it now.

At least the 100 day cough is coming to and end…after 6 months.
17:08, Wed 31 Jan
mad
mad
Had about four days of this two weeks before Xmas

Permanent hayfever and permanent cold the rest of the year.

Blue Nose here literally dripping since the cold snap

Don't refer to yourself as a bluenose please, you'll upset Rags.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
17:27, Wed 31 Jan
It’s almost as if it’s winter.