20:42, Wed 31 Jan
Just scrolling through tik tok and stopped on an EFL account.

Basically hi ho silver lining playing with the caption who owns this song... Wednesday, Wolves , villa, QPR or someone else.

Thought I'd mooch through the comments.

Second comment on there.....

@kalel⚽️:villa cuz we’re top of prem and have the best history and owned it the longest

Typical arrogant vile prat. I checked the date because it said top of the prem. It was posted yesterday 😂
20:55, Wed 31 Jan
Hi Ho Silver Lining was recorded by Jeff Beck in 1968. Most if not all clubs sang a version of it but 1968 was a long time ago and it died out at most clubs.
20:59, Wed 31 Jan
I hate that effing rubbish and Jeff Beck wasn’t exactly a fan of it either, He likened 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' to “having a pink toilet seat hung around your neck for the rest of your life”
I associate it with the dingles and more recently with b6.
21:17, Wed 31 Jan
That used to be sung in the top rank 50 years ago when me and the other half were courting (both 16 then).
The wording at the end was sung as either Hi ho Trevor Francis by us blues or Hi ho A*ton Viler by them. We were much the loudest.
21:19, Wed 31 Jan
Freddie Pickering
That used to be sung in the top rank 50 years ago when me and the other half were courting (both 16 then).
The wording at the end was sung as either Hi ho Trevor Francis by us blues or Hi ho A*ton Viler by them. We were much the loudest.

We must have been there about the same time
21:21, Wed 31 Jan
Freddie Pickering

This is correct
21:28, Wed 31 Jan
gesanners
I hate that effing rubbish and Jeff Beck wasn’t exactly a fan of it either, He likened 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' to “having a pink toilet seat hung around your neck for the rest of your life”

Not the only one. The song's co-writer Scott English said he tried to tank this song because he hated it.
21:30, Wed 31 Jan
Used to go to the top rank on a Tuesday night (I think). The other half loves Reggie so we went dancing there.
When we made 17 / 18 we went to the Locarno on a Sunday night. Crap Watney Red beer.
21:39, Wed 31 Jan
Seems about right, when I was 17-18 started going to Bloomers and a distant memory makes me think that I went to the Locarno as well. We probably ran across each other although I was very much single. They were great nights
21:42, Wed 31 Jan
Bloomers was great. Spend the night in the Swan then cross the road to Bloomers.
21:47, Wed 31 Jan
Dr Devious
Bloomers was great. Spend the night in the Swan then cross the road to Bloomers.

I think it was probably the best time of my life, even though we had to walk home from Bloomers to Billesley
21:49, Wed 31 Jan
I was lucky always lived in Yardley come out of Bloomers pissed walk home in 10 Mins.
21:51, Wed 31 Jan
Dr Devious
I was lucky always lived in Yardley come out of Bloomers pissed walk home in 10 Mins.

👍
22:03, Wed 31 Jan
Dr Devious

👍

My mates sister worked on the front desk at Bloomers, Free entry/ tickets and drinks promotions always. Very happy days.🍺😉
07:26, Thu 1 Feb
“Hi ho silver lining
Everywhere we go there’s aggro
I see your boots a shining and the razor in your crombie lining…”