10:21, Mon 5 Feb
number8
I'd like to see that too. One price, you're paying to watch Blues, not the opposition and it gives certainty. £30 in the champ is the sweet spot I think, if we go up increase it as you need.
Exactly. Home fans go to watch Blues so make it one price.
But… maybe the club are maximising away revenue as Grade A games will more than likely feature the biggest away followings we get
Tony Fantastico
10:24, Mon 5 Feb
KES
I am flying home for this one. I can only make it once every 6-8 weeks if that due to flight costs but I do have an ST that a good mate is using at the mo so it's not an empty seat. Generally though ticket pricing is too high. Cat B starts at £30? That should be the price cap for a cat A ticket, £37.50 is eye-watering really unless its the Villa or Top 6 at home in the cup in a QF. Understand the club needs to make money but no one will pay that to watch consistently poor football.
10:28, Mon 5 Feb
Don’t we do a lot of reciprocal deals with clubs in away ticket prices, which is why the Sheffield Wednesday tickets are £30 this season.

If it is one price regardless of the opposition it’s more attractive. If I was to ring one of my mates who hasn’t been in a while and suggest going down the Blues v Sunderland and it’s £30 and they say yes, then a few weeks later suggest going down against Watford and it’s £35 I think they are likely to say no.
10:31, Mon 5 Feb
i was ready to dismiss this as an immaterial amount towards p & s

but if you do the maths....charging an extra fiver for the 10 or so games when the away end will be sold out anyway brings in an additional £100 to £150 k
10:34, Mon 5 Feb
And £150k pays three quarters of Jordan James' current salary.

It all has to come from somewhere.

Some of the people saying that prices are too high are also suggesting we sign Che Adams. They don't seem to join the dots.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
10:35, Mon 5 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
number8
I'd like to see that too. One price, you're paying to watch Blues, not the opposition and it gives certainty. £30 in the champ is the sweet spot I think, if we go up increase it as you need.
But… maybe the club are maximising away revenue as Grade A games will more than likely feature the biggest away followings we get

That's actually good reasoning. I'd never considered that.
11:14, Mon 5 Feb
Thongs
I don’t feel guilty as I have a 350 mile round trip to games and have season tickets anyway, but if the game is midweek and on the red button these days I am generally unlikely to go to it and will watch it at home.

DvB ☝️

😆😆
13:25, Mon 5 Feb
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
number8

That's actually good reasoning. I'd never considered that.
Just seems obvious to me. Why make a game against Leeds cheaper by a tenner when you could give them £4000 tickets and sell at any price within reason. You’re just throwing £40k revenue off them away. That you won’t get back from your own fans turning up in extra numbers.
This is why one price all season regardless of opponent may be difficult to get Blues to agree
Tony Fantastico
13:31, Mon 5 Feb
Still fuming from when we gave the scum 4,000 tickets instead of to our own.
And then of course you also have to charge your own fans in the stand £40.
13:36, Mon 5 Feb
Greebo joe
Still fuming from when we gave the scum 4,000 tickets instead of to our own.
And then of course you also have to charge your own fans in the stand £40.

Yep and then the feckers give us two and half thousand at there place when we play them in the same competition a few years later !
13:39, Mon 5 Feb
The rules of the competition forced us to give them 4,000. What happened that night caused the police to cap it at 2,000 when we played them a few years later. There were more than 2,000 Blues in that end though….

When we played them in the league in 2011 the police capped their following at 1,500 I believe (alongside a whole heap of restrictions for sales in our end).
13:49, Mon 5 Feb
That's not right.
league cup allocation rules.
You only need to grant away teams 10%
It's fa cup where this goes up to 15%....
Also we were given 2800 for that villa league cup game.
13:54, Mon 5 Feb
The SAG (safety advisory group) decide allocations. Especially for teams like us
Tony Fantastico
14:00, Mon 5 Feb
£35 - 37, restricted view. What's that about ?
14:00, Mon 5 Feb
Yep. It’s supposedly the easiest “jib” in the country