16:06, Mon 5 Feb
It's a shame people are forgetting the home game prior to this, against Blackburn which is looking very very poor ticket sales wise.
16:08, Mon 5 Feb
danielbcfc
It's a shame people are forgetting the home game prior to this, against Blackburn which is looking very very poor ticket sales wise.

People are forgetting that if they go the pub they'll probably get a free pint from Wagner too.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
16:34, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
Lichfield Blues
Have I missed something here? The match is still 12 days away and the gate whilst not a sell out already looks healthy considering our league position. If significantly more seats aren’t sold over the course of the next week or so then maybe it will be time to be concerned. Lots of supporters will have to weigh up if they can afford it too and won’t commit this far out.

One more factor, I reckon your average fair weather fan is 35 plus, can't imagine we have many who started going in the last ten years as an odd game kind of fan.

Based on this and what being a fairweather fan is I don't think safe standing will necessarily appeal at all.

If season ticket holders don't move next year. 'i just want to be able to stand with my mates, but we are all over the stand now', whilst there are groups of seats together then I think we can write safe standing off as a disaster and that excuse when it's not put in at the new ground.

First game in 3 seasons, most definitely over 35! 😀 (although the lad is in his 20's still) so I qualify for your fair weather fan criteria and we are trying the safe standing - like many do I suppose, just to try it out and see what it's like.

Must admit I thought it would be a hit, but you are onto something with the age I think.

If we had a 'younger' fan base I'm sure it would be - maybe it'll work better in the future, when we're massive Tom and we get a load of young 'uns back?
Up the feckin Blues
16:37, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
danielbcfc

People are forgetting that if they go the pub they'll probably get a free pint from Wagner too.

He did say he won’t be at Blackburn but will be at Sunderland, so would be nice if he bought a pint for everyone in attendance then 👍
I thought he said he won’t be at Sunderland
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt

Who? Franky or Madiera Blue? 😜
Up the feckin Blues
16:48, Mon 5 Feb
he did, Shinpads has it the wrong way round.

i dont think anyones forgetting the blackburn game either, but there is a massive campaign to sell out sunderland, hence the thread
Bluesince62
Rab C Nesbitt

Who? Franky or Madiera Blue? 😜
Charcy
Tony Fantastico
16:49, Mon 5 Feb
HackneyBlue
he did, Shinpads has it the wrong way round.

i dont think anyones forgetting the blackburn game either, but there is a massive campaign to sell out sunderland, hence the thread
👍
Tony Fantastico
He actually said- he can’t make the Sunderland game because of prior commitments but will be at the Blackburn game, it seems Tom Brady might be too. I hope ticket sales pick up for that game before then, otherwise it’s going to look awful.
As a side note- the ticket sales for Sunderland look set for a sell out- considering there’s nearly 2 weeks to go 👍🏼
16:57, Mon 5 Feb
Dugarry's Shinpads
Charcy
danielbcfc

He did say he won’t be at Blackburn but will be at Sunderland, so would be nice if he bought a pint for everyone in attendance then 👍

He said full disclosure I won't be at Sunderland but I will be at Blackburn the game before. Wanted to point out that he was telling everyone to go but wasn't going himself, was pretty cool of him to be fair.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
17:43, Mon 5 Feb
danielbcfc

I think midweek games can be harder to sell, especially if people are put off by the current issues with parking etc.
18:17, Mon 5 Feb
£35 - 37, restricted view. What's that about ?

You probably won’t know this as you don’t see them on tv but the main stand roof has some pillars holding it up. The seats behind them don’t have a full view of the pitch for the whole of the game so they are determined as restricted view.

Some people don’t like that so buy a ticket elsewhere in the ground.

Yes. As i usually do but for some reason everywhere we sit i always end up near drama. My lad whos 9 didnt feel to comfy last time with about 9 plod stood around him and 6 pissed up blokes directly behind us arguing the toss about their seat number, calling another few blokes chunts and what not. Could see my lad sort of drift off from the game.

Fancied the family stand but generally its restricted view only.

Gonna have to be GML or something.
bluepeter
The red button is also one that hits attendances.

I don’t feel guilty as I have a 350 mile round trip to games and have season tickets anyway, but if the game is midweek and on the red button these days I am generally unlikely to go to it and will watch it at home.

So I’ve paid for it twice over via a Sky subscription but it does mean our seats are empty.

When you think about how many options there are now to watch the game other than being inside the stadium, it is no surprise that seats are empty whether or not you have a season ticket.

Could the club in some way 'sell' your season ticket seat for say half price when you can't attend? It would mean you letting the club know you can't attend etc but a bit more revenue coming in.

Just a thought and has probably been mentioned before.
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
bluepeter
The red button is also one that hits attendances.

I don’t feel guilty as I have a 350 mile round trip to games and have season tickets anyway, but if the game is midweek and on the red button these days I am generally unlikely to go to it and will watch it at home.

So I’ve paid for it twice over via a Sky subscription but it does mean our seats are empty.

When you think about how many options there are now to watch the game other than being inside the stadium, it is no surprise that seats are empty whether or not you have a season ticket.

Could the club in some way 'sell' your season ticket seat for say half price when you can't attend? It would mean you letting the club know you can't attend etc but a bit more revenue coming in.

Just a thought and has probably been mentioned before.

If we were selling out I could understand selling season ticket holders tickets but as we aren’t if they sold them on at half price they’d be loosing revenue assuming the buyer would have brought a ticket anyway. It’s a real conundrum