10:01, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
People on this thread are offering to help with cheap tickets.

I don’t disagree that the standard price is high but we’ve also had cheaper games not show an increase in capacity

In short, the ones that can be arsed go to the games.
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.
Those that criticise non attendees could maybe do with thinking on that.
Up the feckin Blues
10:05, Sun 4 Feb
Plenty of other clubs, with higher ticket prices and in smaller towns, sell many more tickets than Blues do 🤷‍♂️
10:13, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
gerry1875
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?
Yet people are still saying we need a 40,000 plus stadium, we can't even fill the stadium we have, plus money is still tight for a lot of people, 13 years of utter garbage on and off the pitch not helped either, with the coverage the Premier League gets on TV it's going to be tough to generate a new generation of fans also

Yeah you’re right, we might as well give up now and accept we’ll always be shit.

Jeez.

To be fair, some of did that 40 years ago, not just last 12 years 😁
What did the Knights in White satin?
Again, when there’s cheaper games there’s not an increase in gates, certainly not a noticeable one.

Price of course will have an impact but I think we just have a huge amount of casual fans as opposed to supporters.

Blues just ain’t a priority for lots of our fans unless we are playing the shite

The fact we can’t get 25k regular is bizarre in a city of 1m souls
10:14, Sun 4 Feb
KES
I’m expecting a code red in the John Merrick lower, Kop and Main Stand. Only space will be with the quiet lads in the Holte.
10:16, Sun 4 Feb
Going to matches becomes a habit though doesn’t it? If you can only go to the less interesting looking matches when it’s cheaper, you don’t get in the habit of going every week.

Ultimately the main issue is we’re still fighting relegation from the Championship. If we start strong next year and are pushing for the playoffs, we’ll pull a lot more people in and they’ll become regulars.
10:18, Sun 4 Feb
the baggies seem to get bigger crowds so maybe it is down to recent relative success, premier league and playoff pushes will increase the attendance and then people get into the habit

and just to repeat myself, if anyone wants tickets for a tenner please DM me
10:19, Sun 4 Feb
KES
Win some games.

Rebuild the fanbase over a number of years.

They just have to keep at it over a long period of time.
10:22, Sun 4 Feb
How do you expect us to grow our fan base when the fans on here trying to help do it byt organising fan clubs are subject to open derision ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:23, Sun 4 Feb
My Blue Heaven
Again, when there’s cheaper games there’s not an increase in gates, certainly not a noticeable one.

Price of course will have an impact but I think we just have a huge amount of casual fans as opposed to supporters.

Blues just ain’t a priority for lots of our fans unless we are playing the shite

The fact we can’t get 25k regular is bizarre in a city of 1m souls

Yeah I agree with this; it’s not about price it’s about value.
10:24, Sun 4 Feb
I'll leave growing the fanbase to Cook and Wagner, they certainly have some excellent ideas.

I have no doubt if they want to achieve it they will. Just will take a lot of time.

The naysayers will be drowned out when some momentum is gained.

They certainly wont give up at the first sign of opposition...
10:24, Sun 4 Feb
gerry1875
gerry1875
El Mayor
gerry1875
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?
Yet people are still saying we need a 40,000 plus stadium, we can't even fill the stadium we have, plus money is still tight for a lot of people, 13 years of utter garbage on and off the pitch not helped either, with the coverage the Premier League gets on TV it's going to be tough to generate a new generation of fans also

Yeah you’re right, we might as well give up now and accept we’ll always be shit.

Jeez.
Nobody is saying that are they, most of the younger generation all support the manc clubs, Liverpool, arsenal, chelsea etc, Villa are well stocked with younger generation fans and gaining more because of their success this season in the PL, nobody said we can't attract more fans but it will be tough unless we are top 6 PL regulars it will be hard and we all know that
Top 10 regulars in this league will put a few thousand on attendances. Top 6 will see plenty of sell outs.
A new stadium would put 10 k on season ticket sales minimum imo
Tony Fantastico
10:25, Sun 4 Feb
But surely if you’re saying you can’t go to blues cos you can’t afford it but you’d love to, you’d take any opportunity it get in for a more affordable price?

Bar the first season or two under Bruce in the prem when have we ever consistently sold out?

We’ve had lots of spells in the last 20 years when we’ve more than often stood a good chance of winning.

The last decade has been crap but Knighthead deserve a bit of support

It’s going to be pretty embarrassing after a call to arms from Wagner if there’s lots of empty seats. The ones that don’t go are often the ones that Mack the biggest noise about a lack of investment and poor results too
10:26, Sun 4 Feb
HackneyBlue
the baggies seem to get bigger crowds so maybe it is down to recent relative success, premier league and playoff pushes will increase the attendance and then people get into the habit

and just to repeat myself, if anyone wants tickets for a tenner please DM me
Albions season tickets are 70 odd quid cheaper for adults and under 16’s are £23 (quid a game). Plus the Prem days built up their fanbase. We will surpass them attendance wise within 2 years though I reckon
Tony Fantastico