17:02, Tue 13 Feb
Two seconds in the league is relative success, though. One of them was followed by the unbeatable season and the League Cup season. It was pretty much the best three years in our history. There was no issue with BSH at that point.

Those fans are just a nice to have if they bother now. It needs to be about new fans.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
The Devlin Disguise
It was really only the first couple of seasons in the Prem that really had that feel good factor - and even that was more of a 'backs to the wall'/underdog thing rather than us being that good. We've never really done what, say, Wolves or West Ham have done in recent years. I think we all rightly wanted to progress, and then it all got a bit stale, and then pretty poisonous by the end of Gollivans.

We effectively sold out for the first three seasons, then it dwindled and we were down at 25k by the last two seasons up there. That after 13 years of dross we're still only 20% down on that is a testament to how loyal/gluttons for punishment we are - especially given that those top tier crowds would have lots of big away ends mixed in.

Yeah, that's how I remember it - out of all the Midlands 'big' clubs, we really have been low on success for far too long.
Up the feckin Blues
17:46, Tue 13 Feb
Charcy
Two seconds in the league is relative success, though. One of them was followed by the unbeatable season and the League Cup season. It was pretty much the best three years in our history. There was no issue with BSH at that point.

Those fans are just a nice to have if they bother now. It needs to be about new fans.

Fair 👍
Up the feckin Blues
Let’s be having it then…
Rile up the troops !
yep if we don't sell out now god knows when we will
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Too chuffing right fella…
I’m there regardless. Can’t wait.

UTFB
Lets hope for a far far better attendance on Saturday as tonight's was an absolute disgrace 18117

Today was a huge huge game against a team down there and we get total apathy. Shameful really.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tam
00:22, Wed 14 Feb
Yes, it was a bit disappointing, but I suppose that, if you haven't got a season ticket, it's going to costing north of £120 for two people to go to both games which is a decent chunk of cash. The big push has been for Saturdays game so I suppose that it was always going to be the one that people would gravitate to.

Recent results haven't helped but, while I would never criticise anyone for not going, it was a shame to see so many empty seats
Make Blues Great Again
00:24, Wed 14 Feb
just over 300 left on the map.

wouldn't be surprised to see another half a block in the gml or some in the lower top added before sat. Think the gate will be about 26k
Robert Hopkins
yep if we don't sell out now god knows when we will

First home game, Champions league 2027
Up the feckin Blues
00:35, Wed 14 Feb
Tam
I agree and always will from a finance point of view, If you cant afford it then you cant afford it end of story.

However for such a big game and our first Home league game for a month I would of hoped for better.

I have a ST so obviously more incentive for me and the lads to drive up from Gloucester but we go no matter how crap the results and performances are.

Just my opinion but I thought a little over 18k was a poor effort.

On to Saturday.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tam
01:00, Wed 14 Feb
I do agree that it was disappointing to see the ground so empty. I must admit that I didn't really fancy it tonight even though I have a season ticket - 30 miles down the M6 at rush hour, piddling down with rain and on my own tonight,but I'm really glad that I did. I think that the club deserve our support more than ever, but that message still has to get through to the people whose support we've lost as well as the support that we've never had.
Make Blues Great Again
07:19, Wed 14 Feb
Tam
It underlines once again why bigger season ticket sales are a must. 2 games in 4 days and obviously people are going to pick the Saturday game. Not many can afford to fork out that much in one week.
We need to push for 20,000 season ticket holders next season and mid 20s and higher will be the norm for every game. It really is as simple as that.
mad
07:34, Wed 14 Feb
Tilton shark
Lets hope for a far far better attendance on Saturday as tonight's was an absolute disgrace 18117

Today was a huge huge game against a team down there and we get total apathy. Shameful really.

18th v 16th in division two on a filthy night albeit not that cold, after a run of home performances which is up there with Lee Clark/Malcolm Crosby sub 14,000 era - 18,000 is not too bad a crowd I'd say
07:42, Wed 14 Feb
mad
mad
Tilton shark

18th v 16th in division two on a filthy night albeit not that cold, after a run of home performances which is up there with Lee Clark/Malcolm Crosby sub 14,000 era - 18,000 is not too bad a crowd I'd say

There wasn’t 18,000 in the ground; I reckon maybe 14k tops. Attendance is tickets sold not people who are actually there.

And tbf, I expected that to be the case. A game on a day where it was expected to rain, on TV during a run where we’ve been poor you can understand why people might not turn up. I only made it cos I had a lift from work; otherwise my seat would have been empty too last night.

It’s going to be like this for a while as we improve and we have to accept it. Dropping prices might help but there are so many more aspects that affect things it’s reductionist to think that low ticket prices are a panacea.