10:29, Fri 16 Feb
KES
Which makes them fair weather.

As I say with most, dont get pissy.

No it doesn’t. Fair weather is for people who could easily afford to go to many games in a season but won’t until there’s a sniff of success.

Nothing (yet) about supporting Blues is fair weather.
10:39, Fri 16 Feb

No it doesn’t. Fair weather is for people who could easily afford to go to many games in a season but won’t until there’s a sniff of success.

For a change we completely agree .... to describe all people who only go occasionally as "fairweather" (as KES is doing) is a complete slur.

There will probably be people going on Saturday to their first match of the season - they may be going because they feel our lovely Chairman has appealed for them to go - but they may not have been going 'cos they are completely broke - to get there this Saturday they may have pawned something - or borrowed the money - or gone without food - or cut back elsewhere.

There may be people going who normally work on Saturdays who are using up a days annual leave to be there

FFS .. there may be a bloke going who is tied to the house 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day caring for his wife who is sick with cancer who has decided to pay for a nurse for the day to look after her so he can go to the game.

It's a slur, insulting and fecking annoying
10:40, Fri 16 Feb
It's the winter I think. It feels long.

There's no secret to why it peps up towards the end of the season; sunny 20 odd degrees, beer flowing etc.

Compare the Fulham game when Che scored the third. What a day that was. We didn't have much to play for but the ground was buzzing.
The only ingredients were a manager that we felt we could achieve something with, some decent footy and the feel good factor of the weather.

If we sign some players who can improve us in Summer, that will sell season tickets alone.

Big Tom has spoken, and we delivered. They will realise that engagement with the fans from board to grass via social media, has worked. I think we will see more of it.
I guarantee under Tony Mowbray with some positivity at the club, St Andrews will eventually get buzzing again.
10:42, Fri 16 Feb
Fat Buddha CBE
This "fair weather" schtick is tedious.

Last week you were deriding the unemployed for not buying season tickets on finance.

People will come back when their financial situation and the product on the pitch make for synergy.

There is no moral obligation to follow Blues.

I've got 2 season tickets before you ask

Are you a fat bastard?

Yes.
10:43, Fri 16 Feb
It's the winter I think. It feels long.

There's no secret to why it peps up towards the end of the season; sunny 20 odd degrees, beer flowing etc.

Compare the Fulham game when Che scored the third. What a day that was. We didn't have much to play for but the ground was buzzing.
The only ingredients were a manager that we felt we could achieve something with, some decent footy and the feel good factor of the weather.

If we sign some players who can improve us in Summer, that will sell season tickets alone.

Big Tom has spoken, and we delivered. What they will realise that engagement with the fans from board to grass, works. I think we will see more of it.
I guarantee under Tony Mowbray with some positivity at the club, St Andrews will eventually get buzzing again.

I hear that you are going and actually leaving the sanctity of the pool hall ? Well done.
KES
10:43, Fri 16 Feb
Rags

For a change we completely agree .... to describe all people who only go occasionally as "fairweather" (as KES is doing) is a complete slur.

There will probably be people going on Saturday to their first match of the season - they may be going because they feel our lovely Chairman has appealed for them to go - but they may not have been going 'cos they are completely broke - to get there this Saturday they may have pawned something - or borrowed the money - or gone without food - or cut back elsewhere.

There may be people going who normally work on Saturdays who are using up a days annual leave to be there

FFS .. there may be a bloke going who is tied to the house 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day caring for his wife who is sick with cancer who has decided to pay for a nurse for the day to look after her so he can go to the game.

Maybe maybe, commitments maybe. Lots and lots and lots and lots of maybe and commitments.

The chairman called the ‘Fans’ out and they came rushing back.

Let’s hope he nails them again in the Summer to get season tickets.
10:46, Fri 16 Feb
KES
KES

It's all you ever post about. Standing on a pedestal.

There are people on this forum, and beyond, who have barely missed a game in 20 years. If they don't appoint themselves as bastions of morality deriding the casuals and non attendees, then nobody should take it off the likes of you and your never ending boring, monotonous, ill informed twaddle.
10:47, Fri 16 Feb
KES
Rags

Maybe maybe, commitments maybe. Lots and lots and lots and lots of maybe and commitments.

Are you sure they've come "rushing back" ??? - it's the day before the match and we've only just sold out (or got close to it) .... it's hardly as if he appealed and next day they they were all sold
10:49, Fri 16 Feb
KES
FFS can we give it a rest ? Some fans can afford to buy a ST and want to buy one. Some can't afford to but still do, some can afford but don't want to etc etc. At the end of the day everyone is free to do what they want, what they can afford to, what they can committ to. No one is better or worse than anyone else. The whole Call to Arms from Wagner was to get us all pulling in the same direction for the collective good. Those people 'calling out' other fans aren't doing that so are actully going against what Wagner wants - see you all tomorrow.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:49, Fri 16 Feb
Rags
Rags

Are you sure they've come "rushing back" ??? - it's the day before the match and we've only just sold out (or got close to it) .... it's hardly as if he appealed and next day they they were all sold

What club sells out a home game in the Championship a week before KO?

(None, FYI).

Pretty good that we will sell out a game in the Championship when we are what? 17th?
KES
10:50, Fri 16 Feb
Tarquin
KES

There are people on this forum, and beyond, who have barely missed a game in 20 years. If they don't appoint themselves as bastions of morality deriding the casuals and non attendees, then nobody should take it off the likes of you and your never ending boring, monotonous, ill informed twaddle.

I talk about more than that - that’s a shameful comment.
10:52, Fri 16 Feb
as of 10:51am, there's 21 tickets left
10:57, Fri 16 Feb
KES
KES

You need to stop saying it... because it IS a derogatory/disapproving term.

fair-weather

adjective

[only before noun] (disapproving)

• ​(of people) behaving in a particular way or doing a particular activity only when it is pleasant for them

• a fair-weather friend (= somebody who stops being a friend when you are in trouble

fair weather fan (plural fair weather fans)

• (sports, idiomatic) A fan who only pays attention to their favourite team when they are performing well
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
10:58, Fri 16 Feb
KES

Well said ....

I haven't been for over 4 years now.
I had a season ticket for decades and decades and for many many years of that time hardly missed an away match either
I would love to be there Saturday - or at ANY game.
... but 4 years ago i developed a mental health / psychological problem. For a long time i couldn't leave the house at all, and then got to the point that i could if there was someone with me - but only to get to the supermarket - then i finally managed to get to places where i was confident of the routine. So i now manage to travel to work (only have to go into the office once a week) and go to the supermarket on my own (but even then i go at less busy times)
Last season, twice, i thought i could make it to a game with someone, so bought the tickets, but then had a massive panic attack on the day and had to stay at home

So when i DO get there -- i'm glad KES merely sees me as a fairweather fan returning - because his definition seems to only to refer to the economic aspect - and i can certainly afford to go, if only i could !!
KES
11:05, Fri 16 Feb
Rags
KES

Well said ....

I haven't been for over 4 years now.
I had a season ticket for decades and decades and for many many years of that time hardly missed an away match either
I would love to be there Saturday - or at ANY game.
... but 4 years ago i developed a mental health / psychological problem. For a long time i couldn't leave the house at all, and then got to the point that i could if there was someone with me - but only to get to the supermarket - then i finally managed to get to places where i was confident of the routine. So i now manage to travel to work (only have to go into the office once a week) and go to the supermarket on my own (but even then i go at less busy times)
Last season, twice, i thought i could make it to a game with someone, so bought the tickets, but then had a massive panic attack on the day and had to stay at home

So when i DO get there -- i'm glad KES merely sees me as a fairweather fan returning - because his definition seems to only to refer to the economic aspect - and i can certainly afford to go, if only i could !!

Thoughts and Prayers