11:11, Fri 16 Feb
KES
Rags
KES
Which makes them fair weather.

As I say with most, dont get pissy.

It's all you ever post about. Standing on a pedestal.

There are people on this forum, and beyond, who have barely missed a game in 20 years. If they don't appoint themselves as bastions of morality deriding the casuals and non attendees, then nobody should take it off the likes of you and your never ending boring, monotonous, ill informed twaddle.

Well said ....

I haven't been for over 4 years now.
I had a season ticket for decades and decades and for many many years of that time hardly missed an away match either
I would love to be there Saturday - or at ANY game.
... but 4 years ago i developed a mental health / psychological problem. For a long time i couldn't leave the house at all, and then got to the point that i could if there was someone with me - but only to get to the supermarket - then i finally managed to get to places where i was confident of the routine. So i now manage to travel to work (only have to go into the office once a week) and go to the supermarket on my own (but even then i go at less busy times)
Last season, twice, i thought i could make it to a game with someone, so bought the tickets, but then had a massive panic attack on the day and had to stay at home

So when i DO get there -- i'm glad KES merely sees me as a fairweather fan returning - because his definition seems to only to refer to the economic aspect - and i can certainly afford to go, if only i could !!

Thoughts and Prayers

Prayers ? .. you can stick them !! .. if there IS a God send him round so i can punch him in the face, the cruel nasty bastard
Bob
11:16, Fri 16 Feb
11:20, Fri 16 Feb
Bob

I saw your message Bob ... sending hugs.

For clarity - i have a very good life and am very very happy based on where i was 4 years ago.

It's purely large groups and situations when i can't be sure of peoples' actions around me that i've still to conquer - but i'll get there. Generally speaking, places where there is "milling" .... and that includes places like cinema foyers, theatre foyers, football matches etc
Bob
11:21, Fri 16 Feb
👍

Take care.
11:23, Fri 16 Feb
KES
I'm lucky to be able to go home and away with my lad been doing this for many years even before lad born. As I have got older the lads I used to go with have had certain issues some have passed away. Football is secondary in the scale of life and a football forum is no place to judge people who don't go one of my best mates wife as Cancer and she needs constant care and visits to hospital. This lad had always come home and away with me for many years but his wife is now is focus. People either go or they don't and it's got feck all for strangers on a football forum to ridicule people who don't go.Ps if you see someone Tomorrow who looks a little lost not knowing where to sit perhaps help them rather than ridicule.
11:35, Fri 16 Feb
StechyBlue
It's the winter I think. It feels long.

There's no secret to why it peps up towards the end of the season; sunny 20 odd degrees, beer flowing etc.

Compare the Fulham game when Che scored the third. What a day that was. We didn't have much to play for but the ground was buzzing.
The only ingredients were a manager that we felt we could achieve something with, some decent footy and the feel good factor of the weather.

If we sign some players who can improve us in Summer, that will sell season tickets alone.

Big Tom has spoken, and we delivered. They will realise that engagement with the fans from board to grass via social media, has worked. I think we will see more of it.
I guarantee under Tony Mowbray with some positivity at the club, St Andrews will eventually get buzzing again.

We started the day two points off the drop, had we lost and Barnsley and Burton won we would have gone down. I’d say we had something to play for that day.
Tam
11:36, Fri 16 Feb
Rags

I saw your message Bob ... sending hugs.

For clarity - i have a very good life and am very very happy based on where i was 4 years ago.

It's purely large groups and situations when i can't be sure of peoples' actions around me that i've still to conquer - but i'll get there. Generally speaking, places where there is "milling" .... and that includes places like cinema foyers, theatre foyers, football matches etc

I can relate to that in a way. I suffered with something that sounds similar in some aspects - mine was more PTSD, I suspect, following a fire at home. Without going into detail, it made life very difficult - claustrophobia, fear of flying, fear of crowds or even groups of people etc, anything to do with not being able to have that element of control.

I'm not suggesting that it's the same by any means, but I recognise some of the triggers - CBT, and learning about the condition, helped massively, and I did a lot of things by myself, so as to not have the 'responsibility' of other people being with me in case something terrible happened. I still dislike flying, but did a few hops from Manchester to Glasgow to get used to the take-off and landing sensations. I went to matches by myself, to get used to the environment again. I'd drive for hours by myself, because having a panic attack in the outside lane of the M6 with family in the car is truly terrifying. Holding on to shelves in shops, or leaning against things just to give a reference point and to stop myself falling over - it's not nice and it was a real strain to actually go out of the house sometimes.

It's almost completely better now, although flying can bring elements of it on, unless I'm by myself, which is odd, I suppose. AN ideal game to attend (with my past condition) would have been Tuesday's game, where the crowd was pretty sparse, the parking wasn't too bad, and there were no queues to get in. I really do wish you well with this - as I say, I have no idea whether it's related, but I recognise some of the symptoms and they're pretty bloody awful
Make Blues Great Again
11:48, Fri 16 Feb
Dr Devious
I'm lucky to be able to go home and away with my lad been doing this for many years even before lad born.

Are you from Barnsley?

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
11:51, Fri 16 Feb
Sheep2
Dr Devious
I'm lucky to be able to go home and away with my lad been doing this for many years even before lad born.

Are you from Barnsley?

[www.smallheathalliance.com]

😁👍
Look on the map, I think the whole ground is sold out now.

People can say what they want about you but this thread no doubt helped sell tickets and push for max capacity.

Mural of you outside the Tilton inbound any day now
Linked Image

Think its mission accomplished unless they release any more for sale
UTFB

Big reveal is to whether KL38 is open or not. Hope it is but it was never on sale. Would they open it last minute today?

I think it could go in all honesty
12:27, Fri 16 Feb
NouCamp
Linked Image

Think its mission accomplished unless they release any more for sale

Its sold out! 👏
12:38, Fri 16 Feb
next challenge....will we have the highest championship attendance of the day? Leicester will edge it I think

we;d need 29k
Again fella, that's all down to whether KL38 is open.