11:37, Sun 4 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Plenty of other clubs, with higher ticket prices and in smaller towns, sell many more tickets than Blues do 🤷‍♂️

Who? tbh it doesn't matter, many people can't afford it who would love to come down. I do think the club is missing a trick somewhere and could be doing more offers for such folk.
Up the feckin Blues
KES
11:37, Sun 4 Feb
Tilton shark
My Blue Heaven

Surely being a supporter is about watching Blues, not the opposition?

Absolutely spot on, That was what I said earlier in the thread and I stand by it 100%

You get 3pts for beating the likes of Blackburn and Hull, you don't get more for beating a so called glamour club.

Which is why the category system is stupid, especially outside the Prem.

Have one price. Make it clear that’s how much a matchday ticket is. Transparent and clear.
11:38, Sun 4 Feb
Bluesince62
Tom TheProject Brady
Plenty of other clubs, with higher ticket prices and in smaller towns, sell many more tickets than Blues do 🤷‍♂️

Who? tbh it doesn't matter, many people can't afford it who would love to come down. I do think the club is missing a trick somewhere and could be doing more offers for such folk.

I’m honestly not as convinced of this as I once was. I think it’s way more nuanced than price in honesty.

It feels bad to say this but I also believe that people say stuff on social media that sometimes they don’t mean. Look at the clamour for safe standing versus the actual take up.
11:40, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Bluesince62
Tom TheProject Brady

I’m honestly not as convinced of this as I once was. I think it’s way more nuanced than price in honesty.

It feels bad to say this but I also believe that people say stuff on social media that sometimes they don’t mean. Look at the clamour for safe standing versus the actual take up.
If price was key we’d have had a big attendance v Hull in the cup and more would watch the women
Tony Fantastico
11:40, Sun 4 Feb
Bluesince62
Tom TheProject Brady

Sunderland
Norwich
Bristol

£36+ tickets
11:41, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Bluesince62
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.
Those that criticise non attendees could maybe do with thinking on that.

Hmm. On this thread you also said.

'As has been said, win more games and start operating at the top end of the division. Once there is a sniff of promotion, people will come back.'

If people simply haven't got the money it doesn't matter if we are winning surely?

The two things aren't mutually exclusive are they? People who don't think money is a factor this day and age are a bit off imo, equally though, if the club starts winning and looking like we are heading up, people do come back. It isn't all about money, I never meant to imply that, but it's definitely a factor, added to 13 years of depression and gloom around the club. People 'find' the money when the outlook is better.
Up the feckin Blues
11:43, Sun 4 Feb
People will make excuses in life, going to Blues is no different.

Does my head in that people want a striker but don’t even go to the games to pay for one. I know it’s more nuanced than that but BSHL are no longer in control of this club. As someone who’s about to turn 30 these are the best owners we’ve ever had and they’ve been met with so little from the stay-awayers.

As someone pointed out earlier the season ticket prices are relatively cheap across the league, even the half season tickets. Getting hard to continually see people moan about prices
KES
KES
Super Hans
Charcy
Bluesince62
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.
Those that criticise non attendees could maybe do with thinking on that.

Hmm. On this thread you also said.

'As has been said, win more games and start operating at the top end of the division. Once there is a sniff of promotion, people will come back.'

If people simply haven't got the money it doesn't matter if we are winning surely?

If we’re winning then people would most likely be more willing to make sacrifices to watch them.

We can only assume that would be the case now, but it wasn’t under Bruce and McLeish.

Lots of wins, promotion, yet you look at those attendances and we weren’t selling out each week.

No I agree, we don’t have the fan base to regularly sell out.

If we were winning regularly we’d certainly be selling more tickets though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Bob
Bob
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Ticket prices are still far too high: 37.50 a ticket in the Kop, 35 Kop Corner.

HTH.

👍 This is the answer, and will continue to be the answer until the club address it (hopefully next season).

We are a struggling '2nd division' side and have been for years and years. It will take time, patience and good decisions to start getting some people into the habit of attending games - the match day ticket prices are too high given the level of the team we have at the moment.
11:44, Sun 4 Feb
druid
Bob
KES

HTH.

👍 This is the answer, and will continue to be the answer until the club address it (hopefully next season).

We are a struggling '2nd division' side and have been for years and years. It will take time, patience and good decisions to start getting some people into the habit of attending games - the match day ticket prices are too high given the level of the team we have at the moment.

Why did only 7k go to the Hull game then when it was cheap?
11:49, Sun 4 Feb
well all i can say is when i got my tickets yesterday there wasn't much choice in what they had left ( wanted 2 together seated ) so i'm guessing pretty much a sell out considering 13 days to go
11:51, Sun 4 Feb
yeah I was looking at the ground and it is slim pickings. Probably gonna sort mine and a couple of mates tomorrow. I am tempted to hold off to see if the GMU opens up. Quite like it up there.
11:55, Sun 4 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Bluesince62
Tom TheProject Brady

If price was key we’d have had a big attendance v Hull in the cup and more would watch the women

If I couldn’t afford a ticket, I’d rather go to one decent game every once in a while rather than spend what little money I have on a cup game where the first team might not even play and the ground will be empty.

As has already been said, it’s not just the cost of the ticket - it’s the value it provides.
11:56, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
druid
Bob
KES

HTH.

Same reason that many of the people who have no problem with £35 quid a week didn’t go I assume.
12:01, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
druid
Bob
KES

HTH.

Because it was perceived as a very unattractive cup fixture that you're not going to get new attending fans to go to. That isn't a Blues thing - you will see similar for those types of cup games for loads of clubs around our level.

Your point about value is a good one: ultimately if we're charging £35 / £37.50 for Championship football given where we are as a team and where we have been as a club for years and years, it is not good value to attract new / lapsed attendees.