13:29, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
You're right apart from the ST being £700. As IanT has just said the biggest issue for me is time as it is very easy to find soemthing else to do with the time especially when playing crap. There has been many a game when the only reason i have gone is because i've already paid for it. You wouldn't have got me to pay £10 let alone £35.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Some rum feckers in there though
All over the ground tbf. And I love the bastards for it
Tony Fantastico
13:36, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
£700 quid?

Where you sitting, on Wagner face?
13:40, Sun 4 Feb
KES
We need to stop wasting time analysing the fanbase and just accept:

A) We simply don't have good fans

B) When we do get eventually get missing fans into the fold we can't keep them. Eg If we went into PL then B9 would be rocking. If we consolidated in the PL as a steady mid table team it wouldn't take long for the crowds to tail off.

There really is no mystery regarding the attendances
13:54, Sun 4 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
A Season Ticket in the Tilton is less than £400

Yeah a pound😂
Bob
13:55, Sun 4 Feb
My Blue Heaven
£700 quid?

Where you sitting, on Wagner face?

😄
Bob
13:57, Sun 4 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt

So I misquoted the price of a ST.

Point stands. Still a big jump, from £100 to &400.
KES
13:59, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
Bob
Rab C Nesbitt

So I misquoted the price of a ST.

Point stands. Still a big jump, from £100 to &400.

But that 400 over the course of a season watching 24 games is pretty reasonable tbh.
14:07, Sun 4 Feb
Ribeye
Rab C Nesbitt

Yeah a pound😂
Fiver tbf
Tony Fantastico
14:29, Sun 4 Feb
To be fair it's not only the football in this city that's suffering, look at Warwickshire in the cricket, Birmingham Speedway etc the attendances are very poor, Ok them across the expressway get decent crowds but that's because they are doing well, before their sudden rise into the higher places in the Premier league, they were getting 7-8000 less than they do now, when they dropped into the championship a few seasons ago until they looked like they were going up they didn't really have exceptional crowds, more than us admittedly but look at their history compared to ours, only success will bring in more people, people want to see a bit of success on the field or an entertaining team, add the cost of living crisis into the fold it is hard to get people come to watch a struggling team at the moment, I myself have gone from 25-30 games a season down to 7 or 8, I am now retired and recently lost my wife so I basically pick and choose the matches I can attend, I will never be able to go to every game anymore i just can't afford it.
I agree with everything single thing you’ve said.

Sorry to hear about your wife; my condolences.
14:38, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
druid
Bob
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Ticket prices are still far too high: 37.50 a ticket in the Kop, 35 Kop Corner.

HTH.

👍 This is the answer, and will continue to be the answer until the club address it (hopefully next season).

We are a struggling '2nd division' side and have been for years and years. It will take time, patience and good decisions to start getting some people into the habit of attending games - the match day ticket prices are too high given the level of the team we have at the moment.

Why did only 7k go to the Hull game then when it was cheap?

Same reason that many of the people who have no problem with £35 quid a week didn’t go I assume.

In other words, it’s about much more than price.

Yeah - as you said, it’s about value and the price of a ticket is part of that.

If we got to the final of the FA Cup, demand for tickets would be high. If they cost £50k each, most would say that’s bad value for money and wouldn’t buy one.
Cheikh N’doye’s Ballon d’Or
I agree with everything single thing you’ve said.

Sorry to hear about your wife; my condolences.
Thanks, she was the one who helped me pay for my away day trips.
14:39, Sun 4 Feb
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
druid
Bob
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Ticket prices are still far too high: 37.50 a ticket in the Kop, 35 Kop Corner.

HTH.

👍 This is the answer, and will continue to be the answer until the club address it (hopefully next season).

We are a struggling '2nd division' side and have been for years and years. It will take time, patience and good decisions to start getting some people into the habit of attending games - the match day ticket prices are too high given the level of the team we have at the moment.

Why did only 7k go to the Hull game then when it was cheap?

Same reason that many of the people who have no problem with £35 quid a week didn’t go I assume.

In other words, it’s about much more than price.

Yeah - as you said, it’s about value and the price of a ticket is part of that.

If we got to the final of the FA Cup, demand for tickets would be high. If they cost £50k each, most would say that’s bad value for money and wouldn’t buy one.
WOW 50k for a cup final ticket, I don't think anyone would attend