19:50, Sun 4 Feb
Madeira Blue
I agree why limit it to Gold/Platinum? It should have been all season ticket holders. Still time to do it.
Still time to do it but giving gold and Platinum members enough time to sort their mates first
Tony Fantastico
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
The owners are trying. We can’t expect thousands to flock back immediately, especially having been through too many false dawns. It’ll get a few through the gate who wouldn’t normally go. It’s a start. There’s a chance one or two might enjoy it enough to come back. There might be some lapsed fans making a reappearance possibly with mates who still go. We’ve got to try and recreated the habit of attending that plenty have lost.

Seeing a bigger crowd even gives (some of the regulars) a lift. A fuller stadium might just help the team onto a better result, too. Better results equals more interest.

Winning will impact the attendances more than just about anything else.

We’ll get there.

Up the Blues!

This.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Think next season we will start to see the bigger steps in terms of investment in the team, permanent initiatives to get fans back (cheaper tickets) and most importantly we will hopefully have a team that wins!
20:04, Sun 4 Feb
Well no, you flippantly said I was saying f*ck the poor by coming at things with some logic
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
20:05, Sun 4 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Madeira Blue
I agree why limit it to Gold/Platinum? It should have been all season ticket holders. Still time to do it.
Still time to do it but giving gold and Platinum members enough time to sort their mates first

Yep exactly. Give a deadline and then open it up a bit. Issue there is you may get a fair few returns on the higher price tickets as they can get them cheaper through their friends.
20:07, Sun 4 Feb
Oh Franky Franky
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Here’s what I can do.

I will take up the offer of discounted tickets (1 adult, 1 child) for the Sunderland game and donate them for free to someone who can’t afford to go, or is a regular non attender. I will also obtain the 4 tickets (in unspecified age category) that I won in a charity auction and donate them for free to a party of 4 who can’t afford to go, or are regular non attenders (any game).

Anyone who is interested or knows who might be can PM me. I’ll give it until 6pm on Tuesday and then I will draw any interest from ‘the hat’.

I hope the experience of being amongst it will be good enough for them to want to do it again.

💙💙💙💙💙
20:10, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt
Madeira Blue

Yep exactly. Give a deadline and then open it up a bit. Issue there is you may get a fair few returns on the higher price tickets as they can get them cheaper through their friends.
Yeah it’s not as simple as it seems. Patience is key. Get this season and FFP/P&S worries a little further away and see what they do
Tony Fantastico
20:14, Sun 4 Feb
Yep. There's plenty of good will given in this game with the children's charity tickets etc.

Maybe they can do an extra ticket offer for season ticket holders later in the season.
20:16, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Well no, you flippantly said I was saying f*ck the poor by coming at things with some logic

Yeah, ok mate, like I said, well done you.
Up the feckin Blues
20:27, Sun 4 Feb
Bluesince62
Charcy

Seriously look back at the post you responded to where you said I was saying f*ck the poor. It's completely irrational and evidently nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying that if something is the same every week it isn't a special offer, it's just the price. If the casual fan thinks that's the price then they will cherry pick games at that price instead.
20:32, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Bluesince62
Charcy

Seriously look back at the post you responded to where you said I was saying f*ck the poor. It's completely irrational and evidently nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying that if something is the same every week it isn't a special offer, it's just the price. If the casual fan thinks that's the price then they will cherry pick games at that price instead.

This is why I think they effed off the tickets via grassroots clubs, because for some people it had become the price.
20:33, Sun 4 Feb
The trouble is if special offers become the norm then you breed an even bigger problem with the fan that wishes to pick and choose their games.

👍
Up the feckin Blues
20:34, Sun 4 Feb
🤣
20:37, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Charcy
Bluesince62
Charcy

This is why I think they effed off the tickets via grassroots clubs, because for some people it had become the price.

It's hard I have up my season ticket after the second year of the Prem as I got two to four freebies from a sponsor for every game (nobody ever applied for the Blues ones). With this happening I definitely lost the value of the ticket, if I woke up hungover or something I deemed better was going on I woukd be reluctant for the trip up from London.
20:47, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt

Yep exactly. Give a deadline and then open it up a bit. Iissue there is you may get a fair few returns on the higher price tickets as they can get them cheaper through their friends.

True, but for one game it is worth doing.
20:49, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Oh Franky Franky
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Here’s what I can do.

I will take up the offer of discounted tickets (1 adult, 1 child) for the Sunderland game and donate them for free to someone who can’t afford to go, or is a regular non attender. I will also obtain the 4 tickets (in unspecified age category) that I won in a charity auction and donate them for free to a party of 4 who can’t afford to go, or are regular non attenders (any game).

Anyone who is interested or knows who might be can PM me. I’ll give it until 6pm on Tuesday and then I will draw any interest from ‘the hat’.

I hope the experience of being amongst it will be good enough for them to want to do it again.

💙💙💙💙💙

That's great Charcy. Well done.