15:08, Mon 5 Feb
Thursday night?
15:09, Mon 5 Feb
Probably standard for a lot. Friday afternoon will be busier though
Tony Fantastico
16:03, Mon 5 Feb
Snow, will be another complete non event.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
16:17, Mon 5 Feb
Some US forecasters are saying a polar vortex could hit them around the middle of next week and land in Europe about a week later.

We are overdue a dump of snow really. Time will tell I guess.
16:22, Mon 5 Feb
Wait whereabouts in the States?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
16:50, Mon 5 Feb
BlueSA
Some US forecasters are saying a polar vortex could hit them around the middle of next week and land in Europe about a week later.

We are overdue a dump of snow really. Time will tell I guess.
If Wagner doesn’t want snow. There won’t be snow
Tony Fantastico
17:34, Mon 5 Feb
We don't get the cold weather for it. The odd few days or a week. Then back to being mild. If it wasn't windy today it would have been ok.
17:50, Mon 5 Feb
This is a public link. The presentation I heard it mentioned in was on about the impact it might have on wheat crops.

[www.severe-weather.eu]
18:11, Mon 5 Feb
It was around 3 or 4 weeks ago they suggested 10cm in midlands.

Ive seen a more fresh powder at half time at st andrews.

Ill believe it when it happens.
19:18, Mon 5 Feb
People will panic when they see a snow flake hit the car windscreen then melt. Turn the car round and head for home just in time to cut the lawn.

When I was a kid in the 70s we used to get snow for a few weeks at a time. Snow then minus temps turning it to ice then more snow but now its way too mild. Still had to walk to fecking school though until the heating system broke down.
19:21, Mon 5 Feb
Actually schools used to shut down all the time back then. They really did. People have a strange memory of the past. Used to snow for weeks on end in the winter and the sun shone non stop in the summer.

Those were the days.
19:36, Mon 5 Feb
My schools in Redditch did close but only as a very last resort as most of us were within walking distance.

One year when the main heating failed we had to go twice a week and use the porta cabins as they had there own heating, Mon and wednesday one week then Tues and Thurs following week. Until the fuel ran out.

Another time it was closed for a few days as the school gates lock was frozen.
19:41, Mon 5 Feb
Remember waiting with bated breath listening to BRMB as they announced the school closures in alphabetical order 🤞🤞
19:42, Mon 5 Feb
I don’t think schools would remain shut for days on end now. We lived a bus ride from school but would be sent regardless and would walk there. Inevitably to find there’d be a handful of kids there 😁. I didn’t mind it, was all a bit anarchic and different:
19:45, Mon 5 Feb
bruggeaway
Remember waiting with bated breath listening to BRMB as they announced the school closures in alphabetical order 🤞🤞

I listened to WM but have vivid memories trying to convince my mom that they had definitely just said my school and that she just wasn't listening properly.

It was actually weirdly really exciting.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023