08:28, Tue 6 Feb
Seeing as everyone loves a traffic update, by the looks of it

M42 Closed both directions Between Junctions 6 and 9 from 9th (9pm) - 12th Feb (5am) which may affect Blues fans coming back from Sheff Wed this Friday?

Another Bridge evidently

[www.hs2.org.uk]
They’re taking one down - after it was damaged a couple of times recently by lorries (it was due to be demolished next year anyway)

I need Rags’ sat nav advice because of it. Need to get from Redditch to the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday am - granddaughter’s match v Burton Albion
09:16, Tue 6 Feb
go through brum then out on the A38 through lichfield completely avoids M42. Or go through Knowle, hampton in arden and join up at Jct 9 or carry on through kingsbury get on at 10
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Where's Rags for the work around ?
Sheffield to Solihull >
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:17, Tue 6 Feb
I was thinking Knowle way - probably a bit less traffic than through Brum
09:20, Tue 6 Feb
advice i would give is don't go the obvious short cut as that is what everyone else does and so just gets jammed up. go the alternative to the obvious and that is normally still clear. Or just plug it into google maps and see whch way that takes you as it is live traffic data
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:24, Tue 6 Feb
If the closure is 9.00pm to 5.00 am is that really gonna affect your journey ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
09:29, Tue 6 Feb
advice i would give is don't go the obvious short cut as that is what everyone else does and so just gets jammed up. go the alternative to the obvious and that is normally still clear. Or just plug it into google maps and see whch way that takes you as it is live traffic data

or ... everyone thinks everyone else will be taking the obvious alternative route so avoids it, meaning that the obvious alternative is often then empty
09:31, Tue 6 Feb
generalBlue

Closed over the weekend...

"from 9th (9pm) - 12th Feb (5am)"
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
....it's a full weekend closure 😤
generalBlue

it's closed for the duration of the whole weekend from 9pm Friday and won't re-open till 5am on the 12th, if it stays on schedule.

Based on past closures they'll bring you off at 9 Southbound and 6 Northbound and either send you via Hams Hall - Coleshill By pass to the Stonebridge island on the Coventry Rd by the airport where you can either rejoin M42 at junction 6 or make your own way to South East side of Birmingham if you live round there.

Or Minworth - Tyburn Rd - M6/Town if you live on the Vile side of Brum

& vice versa Northbound
09:45, Tue 6 Feb

Isn't it closed every night for the next 2 weeks too ?
09:55, Tue 6 Feb
B_C_F_C
generalBlue

Closed over the weekend...

"from 9th (9pm) - 12th Feb (5am)"

I beg your pardon , I misread it.
Thanks
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men

So it is
Ooops !
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
generalBlue

it's closed for the duration of the whole weekend from 9pm Friday and won't re-open till 5am on the 12th, if it stays on schedule.

Based on past closures they'll bring you off at 9 Southbound and 6 Northbound and either send you via Hams Hall - Coleshill By pass to the Stonebridge island on the Coventry Rd by the airport where you can either rejoin M42 at junction 6 or make your own way to South East side of Birmingham if you live round there.

Or Minworth - Tyburn Rd - M6/Town if you live on the Vile side of Brum

& vice versa Northbound

Thanks mate 👍 Hopefully traffic wont be too heavy there as time edges towards midnight on Friday