09:18, Sun 11 Feb
Depends if you have Netflix as well Sky glass is £34 a month. I’m not trying to sell Sky just making price comparisons.
No one needs to pay for Sky
09:34, Sun 11 Feb
Bluenose_68
Robert Hopkins
I don't watch and won't until we are on it. So won't comment on quality of it but just ask the question does the cost of it, basically Lineker salary provide value for money for 2 million viewers? I would say not.

Have you seen the avg viewers for a sky game? It’s barely half a million.
BT sports is half that at best

Now think of how much money they pay for production and presenters etc

2 million viewers late on a Saturday night is a decent return.

The silly hysteria about the license fee is symptomatic of the country conditioned by the right wing media

But its my choice to pay for sky, i have to pay for Lineker and never watch him. This debate has been had many times, but would the show be any worse if it had a presenter on half his money. Just be because it is a decent return doesn't mean it couldn't be a better return? As i say i don't know if Lineker is brilliant or not as don't watch but can't believe he makes the show.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Do you listen to any BBC radio? Watch any BBC telly? If not you dont need to be paying the licence fee. If you do, it’s a fecking bargain.
09:58, Sun 11 Feb
I don't mind Lineker. I think he's pretty good at what he does and he'll be missed when he moves on. I can't stand Jenas, I find Shearer very smug and Murphy is condescending. As others have said, I tend to watch it on iPlayer and bypass the punditry.
10:12, Sun 11 Feb
Lineker is an excellent presenter. People don’t like him because he is ‘woke’. If you don’t want to pay for the BBC don’t watch it or listen to radio. Always amazes me when it’s Tories and reactionaries who are most vociferous about this as it’s one of the ‘traditional’ things about our country we ought to value. Almost worth it for Jeremy Bowen alone.
10:33, Sun 11 Feb
I think he’s been excellent tbh and I agree he only gets stick because of his politics.

I do think his time has come to move on which means probably Jenas, is one of the leading contenders.
10:35, Sun 11 Feb
Gotta be Michelle replacing Lineker.
Michelle who?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:43, Sun 11 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Michelle who?
Owen. I presume. Or Mone
Tony Fantastico
10:55, Sun 11 Feb
Not Owen. DVB. No thanks.
H

11:08, Sun 11 Feb
I don’t dislike him but I think the wages he’s on could be better used by the bbc to provide better programmes.

I’ve got to be honest I don’t watch motd for the presenter, I think anyone competent could put on a watchable show
11:15, Sun 11 Feb
Miguelagenn
I don't mind Lineker. I think he's pretty good at what he does and he'll be missed when he moves on. I can't stand Jenas, I find Shearer very smug and Murphy is condescending. As others have said, I tend to watch it on iPlayer and bypass the punditry.

I'm in this camp.
All right then, that Italian dame that pops up on Sky from time to time.
If it's that one who made a right muddle the other week I'll pass. I'd vote for Jacqui Oatley or that broad who used to present the football league highlights (she did an EFL podcast too). Southern accent, I feel like she may be an Ipswich fan.

Or Kelly Cates. Very good also.
H