19:54, Sun 11 Feb
What’s the upshot?

Do Knighthead get disillusioned and stop investing or do we absolutely piss the league?

It’s probably worth mulling over.

I for one thought our football (I may be in the minority) was some of the best I have seen for a long time last night. But appreciate it’s based on keeping goals out and being clinical the other end.

I think we will be ok this season, but I have been thinking about what happens IF today.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
19:57, Sun 11 Feb
I may be wrong but I think upshot assumes there's a positive to be taken?

I don't see a single positive from being relegated.

It'd be absolutely dreadful.
H

Consistently correct.
19:59, Sun 11 Feb
It would be a disaster. There’s no guarantee we’ll come straight back up, we could literally go from being an awful championship side to an awful league 1 side.

And who is to say the owners don’t pull the plug and move on if we drop. They said they’d have never bought us if we were in league 1. I know it’s different now cause they are our owners, but you never know.

All I would say is if it does happen, keep Mowbray in charge, don’t bother binning him and trying someone else.
20:00, Sun 11 Feb
It would be peak Blues if we survived in the Championship this entire time only to finally go down when we actually have decent owners.

Personally I think if we went down they would continue with us. They've put a lot of money in to the club already so I can't see them just immediately abandoning that. I'm sure they would just keep to their plan in place and continue on their current trajectory, and aim to do what Southampton did and do the back to back in to the Prem.
20:06, Sun 11 Feb
These come in blue. You’ll not be wanting stained bedsheets when the time comes

[tena-images.essity.com]
20:12, Sun 11 Feb
We didn't play last night😉
20:17, Sun 11 Feb
We could offer Marc Roberts, Juke, Hogan, Sunjic and Gary Gardner new contracts they'll be be great in league one.
20:29, Sun 11 Feb
We'd have Tony Mowbray as manager still and absolutely piss league one. With our sponsorship deals we'd be able to play comparative moneyball in that division and come up with a better squad than we have right now.

We aren't going down though.
20:33, Sun 11 Feb
IF, we get relegated this season then I do not believe the owners master plan would change at all- maybe just delayed. We are going to have to rebuild the squad this close season regardless, it would just mean we would be shopping in a different store when it comes to players. I also fully believe they would back TM to the limit they are allowed, meaning we’d be the strongest team by a long margin. If you get it right- momentum takes you a long way in football. Sunderland last season and Ipswich this year shows what can be achieved after promotion. If we were fighting out at the top of league I guarantee attendances would be bigger than this year and it would be way more enjoyable than the last few years of scrapping around 20th in the championship.
Anyway non of this matters because we will not be getting relegated this year 💪🏼
20:55, Sun 11 Feb
We might beat the League One points record
21:13, Sun 11 Feb
Don’t suggest it, it can’t happen apparently.
Gazball?
00:14, Tue 13 Feb
Ribeye
We didn't play last night😉

Chortle.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
00:23, Tue 13 Feb
I may be wrong but I think upshot assumes there's a positive to be taken?

I don't see a single positive from being relegated.

It'd be absolutely dreadful.

With respect...having read the other thread on here, no it wouldn't. Its a game. Its football.
06:20, Tue 13 Feb
I can’t see the owners pulling the plug when it would be their fault we go down.

I weren’t a massive fan of JE but realistically we wouldn’t have been anywhere near relegation with him in charge. It was their choice to bring Rooney in and derail the season.
07:39, Tue 13 Feb
I think we’d win the league and come back, it would delay us though, and completely mess up the recruitment plan, we need to stay up and we will.
Happy Clapper