22:03, Tue 13 Feb
Don’t need a headless chicken in there if you have the ball the majority of the time.

What a massive difference it was having two players comfortable on the ball in there.

Hopefully people can get on board with the direction we are heading in.

Yes there will be games when we will get dominated but I still feel having players comfortable on the ball and relieve pressure would help more than someone kicking it without looking constantly.
22:07, Tue 13 Feb
Very noticeable that we didn't miss Sunjic at all. Dozzell looks very decent. Obviously the previous managers at QPR couldn't get the best out of him. Paik is just quality.
22:07, Tue 13 Feb
A small glimpse in to the future today from Dozzell/Paik.

Proper performance from both, composed, controlled, energetic. Light years ahead of what we’ve been served up for the past 5+ years.

More of the same Saturday please gents.
22:10, Tue 13 Feb
Hopefully they get on board - I heard the cretins in the crowd saying to lump it forward - ffs, how have they not cottoned on that that tactic died out 20 years ago.

Brilliant stuff Blues
Yeah - heard it around me all game too, idiots.
22:13, Tue 13 Feb
La Fine Della Strada

I just don’t get it. How can you not enjoy the way we played tonight.
22:21, Tue 13 Feb
Roman
Very noticeable that we didn't miss Sunjic at all. Dozzell looks very decent. Obviously the previous managers at QPR couldn't get the best out of him. Paik is just quality.

We only didn't miss Sunjic because we played against an antifootball team. That lineup would IMO struggle against sides trying to retain and pass the ball. Thankfully we now have a manager who understands the game more than the likes of JE.

Paik and Dozzell looks like it'll be a quality partnership. Really pleasing.
22:26, Tue 13 Feb
yeehaw
Roman

We only didn't miss Sunjic because we played against an antifootball team. That lineup would IMO struggle against sides trying to retain and pass the ball. Thankfully we now have a manager who understands the game more than the likes of JE.

As I said the other day JE wasn't just picking a team based on their limitations they were also based on his own.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:29, Tue 13 Feb
yeehaw
Roman

We didn’t miss Sunjic because we are actually trying to keep the ball now. Like I said even when we are against a better team it doesn’t help your central midfield not being able to relieve any pressure and keep the ball.

But this isn’t about Sunjic. Hopefully we now are on the road to a new profile of midfielders and he will be old news in the summer.
22:32, Tue 13 Feb
Blackburn better get used to what they saw tonight that was us under Eustace soak it up try to pinch the game .
22:41, Tue 13 Feb
Icm2023
yeehaw
Roman

We didn’t miss Sunjic because we are actually trying to keep the ball now. Like I said even when we are against a better team it doesn’t help your central midfield not being able to relieve any pressure and keep the ball.

But this isn’t about Sunjic. Hopefully we now are on the road to a new profile of midfielders and he will be old news in the summer.

Answering your point about Sunjic specifically: It's not about "trying to keep the ball". We were only able to keep the ball today because Blackburn are a poor footballing side setup by a manager who likes his teams to be primarily effective out of possession and on the transition. We will not be able to keep the ball like that with the same lineup against better footballing teams.

Even if we do not extend Sunjic's contract in the summer, we will replace him. Hopefully with a generally more effective player like Choudhury, who fulfills a similar role for Leicester while being more effective in possession. See also Rodri for Man City.
22:45, Tue 13 Feb
yeehaw
Icm2023
yeehaw
Roman

Answering your point about Sunjic specifically: It's not about "trying to keep the ball". We were only able to keep the ball today because Blackburn are a poor footballing side setup by a manager who likes his teams to be primarily effective out of possession and on the transition. We will not be able to keep the ball like that with the same lineup against better footballing teams.

Even if we do not extend Sunjic's contract in the summer, we will replace him. Hopefully with a generally more effective player like Choudhury, who fulfills a similar role for Leicester while being more effective in possession. See also Rodri for Man City.

There is no way you even mentioned Rodri. I get your point but that is way off the mark about Rodri.
22:51, Tue 13 Feb
2 very good signings, what a difference from Sjunic and Beilik.

Strength, composure, good in tight spaces, actually want the football.

Really excited to see how they progress. Summer we need a GK, 2 CB’s and a striker and we will have a right go next year.
22:52, Tue 13 Feb
midfield two were great tonight. i don’t think either gave the ball away did they?

if we’d brought our shooting boots, that’s a 4 or 5 goal win

Roberts looked good up front in everything apart from the shooting, and he clearly didn’t have his slippy pitch studs in either

all in all, important to win and get that off our back, but a strong showing. keep it going now Blues let’s get some consistency into performance and results
22:53, Tue 13 Feb

Don’t worry, they will be replaced when the revolution comes.