11:52, Fri 16 Feb
More coming within the next month with the RPI rising again.

[www.moneysavingexpert.com]
12:15, Fri 16 Feb
This week alone my mobile has gone up £5 a month and nursery has gone up £30 a month.

Is it just a never ending pit of money I'm supposed to have?
H

Consistently correct.
12:33, Fri 16 Feb
British Gas profits are up 10-fold on last year though, so that’s good news.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:37, Fri 16 Feb
[www.bbc.co.uk]

some good news
12:39, Fri 16 Feb
You know energy bills are due to fall as the suppliers are suddenly offering fixed deals - funny that.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:39, Fri 16 Feb
We had to take our son out of nursery because of the never-ending increases. It’s effectively the same financially for her to work and send him to nursery or look after him full time at home until he goes to school.
12:41, Fri 16 Feb
they are due to fall as the cost of gas has plummeted.
12:41, Fri 16 Feb
Robert Hopkins
You know energy bills are due to fall as the suppliers are suddenly offering fixed deals - funny that.

No-one in their right mind would be fixing at the moment, unless you absolutely need to know what you'll be paying out.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
12:42, Fri 16 Feb
We're just about to benefit - I hope - from the additional support which is coming in for 2+ year-olds which will be sweet relief. It's like having a second mortgage at the moment but this should halve what we pay almost. My missus doesn't work Mondays anymore, I think we worked out we'd be about £20 per Monday better off once we'd factored in the payment for the day at nursery plus other bits, so made sense for her to just spend the day with him instead. I don't understand how some people afford it at times.
12:46, Fri 16 Feb
It's utterly mental

To think people used to be able to own a house and raise several kids whilst the household had just one average income coming in
Happy Clapper
12:46, Fri 16 Feb
Robbing bastards
Stop paying is the only way to force a change

They have had £160 out of me since June last year and apart from the odd text asking for payment thats it
12:50, Fri 16 Feb
Petebaldwin
We had to take our son out of nursery because of the never-ending increases. It’s effectively the same financially for her to work and send him to nursery or look after him full time at home until he goes to school.

The way we did it was this , was i stopped working full time because the maths said when all bills paid/tax etc i would be working for about 80 quid a week ( my mrs has a decent job with a banging pension so she stayed working ) so pretty pointless , i got a part time job at the local tesco's doing a couple of evenings a week which ment a) i got out of the house and talked to adults , b) because i kept my hours to 12 a week not tax or anything and made 100 quid a week , might be different maths if you receive benefits of some kind because we didn't , but why not one of you stay at home and look after your child if the money is like that , its very rewarding and good for the kid
According to the right wing press and Tories you’re imagining it
12:58, Fri 16 Feb
It's utterly mental

To think people used to be able to own a house and raise several kids whilst the household had just one average income coming in

The UK will have a major problem in 40-50 years when there are no kids-turned-adults to tax.

Me and the Mrs don't want kids but many of my good friends are choosing not to start a family because of the cost of housing and childcare coupled with 20 years of wage stagnation.

The average house price in the late 90s was 4x the annual salary, it's now pushing 10x. People point to the interest rate back then (15%ish) but it still meant incredibly affordable payments compared to the current situation.

There will also be a massive problem with where to house my generation when we're pensioners because quite frankly buying a home is a pipe dream for most people under 35 and it'll be impossible to pay rent into our 80s and 90s.
13:21, Fri 16 Feb
Water bill went up 17% ... still under £400 but a steep rise