Listen, great second half, good atmosphere (for most of the game), great day.

But f*ck me, about 5 different occasions where Ruddy absolutely shanked it out of play with little to no pressure on him. Not sure why we insist on passing back to him constantly when it’s obvious he’s not the best with his feet. If that offside goal would’ve counted, guess who sent it out in a stupid fashion for the throw-in…
People talk about Etheridge’s distribution…Ruddy ain’t much better in that department
He’s not ideal and needs replacing in the summer but he’s head and shoulders above Etheridge.
In fairness to him he’s trying to actually pick someone out on the touchline rather than just lumping it, so the risk of it going out of play is drastically increased

He’s still miles better with his feet than Etheridge
Happy Clapper
09:12, Sun 18 Feb
It’s not just Ruddy it’s goalkeeping fashion to boot the ball out to a wing. There must be a rationale for it, but I’m fecked if I can see what is. What is the success that is hoping to be achieved and how successful is it?
09:16, Sun 18 Feb
Usually it’s because they’re trying to avoid the opponents aerially dominant players, so target a small full back, dunno about the success of it
Happy Clapper
As others have mentioned better than Etheridge. Also made some important saves for us yesterday. I am sure they will have a ball playing keeper in mind for the summer
09:23, Sun 18 Feb
In the absence of a goalkeeper who can pass the ball like Gerrard I’ll live with one who makes good saves and doesn’t pat the ball back in the centre of the goal to the opposition.
09:26, Sun 18 Feb
chances are when we do get one who can pass, he wont be as good as shot stopping as Ruddy has been

be difficult to find both for a decent price in the championship
09:26, Sun 18 Feb
Usually it’s because they’re trying to avoid the opponents aerially dominant players, so target a small full back, dunno about the success of it

Well the game is chock full of analysts so if it was pointless or counter productive they‘d come up with another plan. Gets on my nerves though.
09:30, Sun 18 Feb
Made some very important saves yesterday....
And against Blackburn.
Been well worth his transfer fee👍
Oh I definitely agree he's a great shot-stopper no doubt. Just scares the hell out of me when passed to by our backline and looks panicked until he eventually sends it into the upper Kop.
Thought he was brilliant yesterday, there was one corner they had right in the mixer and I lost sight of it - because Ruddy had grasped it out of nowhere. Couple of great saves and really lost his rag over their goal.
His kicking is lacking but the bloke has probably saved our bacon in the last couple of games - yes it’s what he is paid to do but stil the best keeper we have at the club

KRO
12:26, Sun 18 Feb
I really don't think Ruddys kicking is that bad. Its a 100 times better than Etheridges.