09:22, Sun 18 Feb
Highest in the elf and 5th highest in the country, reckon the segregation bit over the top missed out on a few extra quid .
09:31, Sun 18 Feb
What was with the empty seats in the railway upper or GMU or whatever it's called these days?
09:42, Sun 18 Feb
roger hynd
What was with the empty seats in the railway upper or GMU or whatever it's called these days?

They can’t sell seats up there, the turnstiles are done along with a few other issues. They put academy and school kids up there but I think they were limited in what they can do.
09:51, Sun 18 Feb
Highest in the elf and 5th highest in the country

Got a link in that?
09:59, Sun 18 Feb
El Mayor
roger hynd

They can’t sell seats up there, the turnstiles are done along with a few other issues. They put academy and school kids up there but I think they were limited in what they can do.

👍
10:16, Sun 18 Feb
Dean peer
Highest in the elf and 5th highest in the country, reckon the segregation bit over the top missed out on a few extra quid .

I’ve seen bigger segregation but to be fair that was between North and South Korea
10:23, Sun 18 Feb
My bad second highest in elf forgot about Leicester still not bad at all 👍
10:44, Sun 18 Feb
There were some very old looking ‘school age’ kids I saw up there yesterday!!!

There was also a lot of them throwing stuff at the Sunderland fans - assume they were up there without teachers / leaders - unless it was them that were lobbing bottles down 🤷‍♂️
10:58, Sun 18 Feb
It was for their PE GCSE - A* to anyone who can hit a mackem with a pie from 50 feet
11:00, Sun 18 Feb
Dugarry's Shinpads

There was also a lot of them throwing stuff at the Sunderland fans - assume they were up there without teachers / leaders - unless it was them that were lobbing bottles down 🤷‍♂️
Fair play to them. Sunderland fans pre and post game are some of the biggest bellends I've ever seen at a football match.
mad
12:20, Sun 18 Feb
The segregation was OTT even compared to that wolves fan? who used to run the show down there.

I think it'll take a few years of 'no issues' before we're able to have a narrow corridor in that bit of the ground like they are able to get away with at some other grounds

By then we may have moved anyway
12:49, Sun 18 Feb
mad
great attendance and atmosphere, back to a proper St Andrews cried that i thought we’d lost fur good!

however, looking back at the highlights there seemed to be loads of empty seats on the lower kop in some blocks too

i can understand maybe the odd STH might not have been able to make it here and there, but there were patches of empty seats around, so not quite sure how it was a complete sell out
13:22, Sun 18 Feb
Can't they just have mobile scanners to resolve the turnstile problem, i.e. line people up at the exit gates and get the stewards to scan people in using the hand-held scanners they use anyway?
13:34, Sun 18 Feb
Dugarry's Shinpads

Proper blues.
Get them signed up, soon be getting us back to the top of that arrests table.
mad
13:37, Sun 18 Feb
derbyblue
great attendance and atmosphere, back to a proper St Andrews cried that i thought we’d lost fur good!

however, looking back at the highlights there seemed to be loads of empty seats on the lower kop in some blocks too

i can understand maybe the odd STH might not have been able to make it here and there, but there were patches of empty seats around, so not quite sure how it was a complete sell out

Add them together amounts to a few hundred maybe a thousand tops. There will always be empty seats dotted about in a sell out and some of the corporate boxes won't have been filled to the brim either - and you're right there were a few smallish patches in the corners and upstairs in the Gil Merrick.

Add this 1,000 to the 1,500 or so empty seats used for the segregation in the Railway End and that gets us to about 29,950 which is about the real capacity these days.