13:45, Tue 20 Feb
Obviously, we all wish big Tony a speedy recovery. I have been wondering, how much do we know about Mark Venus?

I am hoping we can just get over the line this season now. However, we saw with Rooney what can happen when this squad drop off (pretty disastrous).

Are we assuming we will be fine now and what is the plan if we were to go into another nosedive while Tony is away? Would we appoint a caretaker manager? It is quite an unusual situation.
13:46, Tue 20 Feb
If anything this galvanises the squad.

Uncle Tone will be at the end of the blower a lot of the time anyway I assume.
13:54, Tue 20 Feb
Yeah, I don't think they'll be too many problems in footballing terms. Venus & Mowbray have been a double act forever and the gaffer has said he'll still be available for advice.
14:03, Tue 20 Feb
It should galvanise the squad, but we’ve also seen some of this squad fold when things change.

It’s going to be an uncertain period for us. Hopefully we can get some good crowds for our home matches and get them over the line with our backing
14:30, Tue 20 Feb
Obviously, we all wish big Tony a speedy recovery. I have been wondering, how much do we know about Mark Venus?

I am hoping we can just get over the line this season now. However, we saw with Rooney what can happen when this squad drop off (pretty disastrous).

Are we assuming we will be fine now and what is the plan if we were to go into another nosedive while Tony is away? Would we appoint a caretaker manager? It is quite an unusual situation.

"Mark Venus has been working with Tony Mowbray for 20 years, and that's not even taking into account their time together at Ipswich as players. Within just a few weeks of Venus hanging up his boots, he headed into coaching thanks to an opportunity handed to him by Mowbray."

I have so much more confidence that the views of Venus are going to reflect those of Mowbray than i would of the views of a stranger
15:15, Tue 20 Feb
My Blue Heaven
It should galvanise the squad, but we’ve also seen some of this squad fold when things change.

It’s going to be an uncertain period for us. Hopefully we can get some good crowds for our home matches and get them over the line with our backing

THIS here
The players, the staff and the fans need to do it for TM
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
17:06, Tue 20 Feb
Yep. We’ll be fine. Mark Venus is going to continue exactly what TM has set in motion

Completely daft of journos to suggest we would need a caretaker
17:16, Tue 20 Feb
If we’re going to miss anything I would say it’s his man management and the way he deals with the players on a day to day basis. We’ve seen in his interviews the integrity and warmth of the man and his motivational attitude. That’s not to say that Venus hasn’t got those attributes, he may well have.

As you say, the principles of how we play etc should continue along the same lines without much of a problem.

I either read or heard Mowbray say in an interview that Venus is the brains of the partnership while he is the heart and that’s what we could miss I guess.
17:23, Tue 20 Feb
Mowbray has said that he and Venus don’t always agree…. A good thing, because like any intelligent human being he likes to be challenged. Wonder if Venus will decide on any little tweaks. Doubt it but will be interesting to see.

Wonder if Mowbray will be giving instructions from his hospital bed, like Cotterill did at Shrewsbury when he was laid up with covid
17:25, Tue 20 Feb
If we’re going to miss anything I would say it’s his man management and the way he deals with the players on a day to day basis. We’ve seen in his interviews the integrity and warmth of the man and his motivational attitude. That’s not to say that Venus hasn’t got those attributes, he may well have.

As you say, the principles of how we play etc should continue along the same lines without much of a problem.

I either read or heard Mowbray say in an interview that Venus is the brains of the partnership while he is the heart and that’s what we could miss I guess.

I think he referring to his ability to pick a horse
17:25, Tue 20 Feb
Mowbray has said that he and Venus don’t always agree…. A good thing, because like any intelligent human being he likes to be challenged. Wonder if Venus will decide on any little tweaks. Doubt it but will be interesting to see.

Wonder if Mowbray will be giving instructions from his hospital bed, like Cotterill did at Shrewsbury when he was laid up with covid

Oh dear ... you've escalated him to being in a hospital bed now - i just thought he "needed to undergo treatment"
Obviously really hoping it works because I am liking the style and tactical direction at the moment.
17:27, Tue 20 Feb

Oh dear ... you've escalated him to being in a hospital bed now - i just thought he "needed to undergo treatment"

You made me do it
Fat Buddha CBE

I think he referring to his ability to pick a horse

Yes, he did say picking horses was part of it!
Fat Buddha CBE

He strikes me as the kind of bloke who will disobey doctors to be getting back sooner. I bet he will be on the blower non stop