12:41, Wed 21 Feb
Are bastards.

Why are they so shit? They weren’t shit in the 70’s
12:42, Wed 21 Feb
You're just getting less dexterous in your old age.
12:44, Wed 21 Feb
I was just saying the same thing myself yesterday, without the comparison to the golden years of the zip that were the 1970’s.
12:44, Wed 21 Feb
Feck. Thats probably it. I hate the bastards.
Got a pair of (motorbike) boots that zip up the back. Not cheap these buggers either.

Every now and again when getting them on/off the zip gets caught in the weather proof strip under it. Cue minutes of sweating, grunting and turning the air blue before I can get the effers off/on again.
I've treated it to graphite powder the lot. Ungrateful bastard still does it.
Up the feckin Blues
13:06, Wed 21 Feb
YKK
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
13:07, Wed 21 Feb
Pull yourself together man.
13:12, Wed 21 Feb
Fat Buddha CBE
Are bastards.

You know your Zips no Fly's on you. 👍
Got it caught in the zip again, have we?
14:00, Wed 21 Feb
They can only take a certain amount of strain tbf...
14:09, Wed 21 Feb
Reported
Fat Buddha CBE
Are bastards.

That's because my mom used to make them then. Specifically she put the metal stops on the top end - the bits that stop the zipper flying off - for Lightning Fasteners (then part of IMI at Witton). She retired and the company was later sold to Chinese owners who took it all down market so that the zips never worked properly again.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
14:15, Wed 21 Feb
I caught my manhood in my zip once. I said that’s it, I’m never buying zip up boots again.
Fat Buddha CBE
Are bastards.

That's because my mom used to make them then. Specifically she put the metal stops on the top end - the bits that stop the zipper flying off - for Lightning Fasteners (then part of IMI at Witton). She retired and the company was later sold to Chinese owners who took it all down market so that the zips never worked properly again.

Tell your mom I love her.