16:05, Thu 22 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
I know people say Ben Foster was better but those people are wrong. When Hart was with us he might well have been the best keeper in the world that season (Neuer apart, maybe).

No debate imo. After his year with us Joe went to play for Man City & England whilst Foster went to play for the Baggies.

Both were fantastic though.
Foster didn’t want to be available for England did he tbf?

I think that was partly because he knew he would just be travelling around to be a reserve.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
16:07, Thu 22 Feb
Prove it
Tony Fantastico
16:08, Thu 22 Feb
Yeah Foster was good but Hart was another level
Happy Clapper
16:35, Thu 22 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Prove it

Ben Foster: 'I don't want to go to Moldova to sit on the bench on a cold Tuesday in November'.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:02, Thu 22 Feb
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt
Prove it

Ben Foster: 'I don't want to go to Moldova to sit on the bench on a cold Tuesday in November'.
Thats why he left Man U actually
Tony Fantastico
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
I know people say Ben Foster was better but those people are wrong. When Hart was with us he might well have been the best keeper in the world that season (Neuer apart, maybe).

Agreed, in my 50 years I've never seen anyone consistently better after his first few games. I remember one save against Liverpool and Peter crouch that i can still clear as day today and it was breathtaking.
Foster just pips it for me but Hart was superb and as someone has already mentioned that Chelsea game where he was unbelievable.

Loved Benno but he needed to be an inch or 2 taller.
He always frustrated me how he didn't command his box though. Then Steve Sutton from Forest came in on loan and played a couple of games for some reason. He was past his best but did command his box and I think he gave Benno a bit of a kick up the arse, or a bit of advice, as Benno came back in a better goalie imo.
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt
Prove it

He didn’t have the requisite mentality for Manchester United. He said so himself. He preferred to enjoy football. He said something like….they’d won a game, a huge game and he was ready to celebrate but the culture was eff that we haven’t won anything yet. Heads down and prepare for the next game immediately. That’s part of why he left.

Tha bastard and the rest of em refreshed themselves so enjoyably after our cup win they were incapable for rest of the fecking season.
And what a send off he got at the end of the last game at home for us! Joe Hart, there's only one Joe Hart. That was emotional.
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
19:38, Thu 22 Feb
Dan
Dan
We've been very lucky over the years with some of our keepers.

Maik Taylor
Joe Hart
Ben Foster
Butland was good for his one year with us
Camp
Darren Randolph had a howler in him but was relatively good throughout the years as well

Tony Coton
David Seaman
00:10, Fri 23 Feb
Apparently Bonnie Tyler is putting out a new video to celebrate Joe Hart's career....

It's titled, Totally clips of Joe Hart
12:10, Fri 23 Feb
Tensionhead
In this order:

1. Maik Taylor.
2. Ian Bennett
3. Ben Foster
4. Joe Hart
5. Richard Kingson

How could you forget Lee Novak!
Linked Image
13:11, Fri 23 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt
Prove it

True.

I remember listening to an early podcast he did regarding his career.

People sometimes forget footballers are Dads and husbands and football although they are often idolised it is just their job.

At Man U the pressure was ridiculously intense, his wife had just had their 2nd child less than a year after the first.

He said that from the outside a move to Blues would have been a step down but living in Leamington Spa it was not a step down for him in regards to his life, happiness and as a result he became a better player.

So difficult to pick who was better but Foster has a major honour so for me will always be a Blues legend along with the rest from 27/2/20211.