20:47, Thu 22 Feb
Will those members of the Official Supporters Clubs be required to wear a uniform to games ?

By the club's own admission

"The Purpose of the OSC is “To Support Birmingham Together”. The Club will provide an opportunity for loyal Bluenoses to be organised under one body, and to enjoy a range of Club-related benefits. The Club look forward to creating a strong community of Bluenoses who support and represent both the Club and City."

I can see why those abroad and a long way from Brum may be in favour - organising travel, meeting people with whom you have a common bond.

Those groups apart, for me, Blues has always been about individual weird disparate people who happen to have some small slight common bond. When we were down to attendances of 5,000 it almost felt like being part of the only survivors in a dystopian future who had grouped together solely for the sake of reassurance that there were other survivors out there

To me .. a lot of the "wanna be in my gang" posts on here smack of homogenisation, control, conformity and a desperate need to relive halcyon Cub Scout days.

So what are you going to do if you don't like the club rules ?
Don't dress in a certain way ?
Don't sing the Corporate anthem at the right time. in the right key ?

Are the club solely managing dissent ? .. or are they actually looking to erode individualism ?

Are OSC's the next reason for one group of fans to claim to be the only "true" "Proper Blues" ?

So if you are happy to all be herded up into pens, to submit to control, and rules and regulations then that's up to you - but to me it smacks of pre-pubescent schoolboys sneaking off to have a group w@nk behind the bike sheds.

PS .. this is an INDEPENDENT fans forum .... go and find somewhere else to toss each other off.
20:51, Thu 22 Feb
Who hurt you?
20:52, Thu 22 Feb
Who hurt you?

Compulsory match day attire for OSC members

Linked Image
20:53, Thu 22 Feb
Rags
Will those members of the Official Supporters Clubs be required to wear a uniform to games ?

By the club's own admission

"The Purpose of the OSC is “To Support Birmingham Together”. The Club will provide an opportunity for loyal Bluenoses to be organised under one body, and to enjoy a range of Club-related benefits. The Club look forward to creating a strong community of Bluenoses who support and represent both the Club and City."

I can see why those abroad and a long way from Brum may be in favour - organising travel, meeting people with whom you have a common bond.

Those groups apart, for me, Blues has always been about individual weird disparate people who happen to have some small slight common bond. When we were down to attendances of 5,000 it almost felt like being part of the only survivors in a dystopian future who had grouped together solely for the sake of reassurance that there were other survivors out there

To me .. a lot of the "wanna be in my gang" posts on here smack of homogenisation, control, conformity and a desperate need to relive halcyon Cub Scout days.

So what are you going to do if you don't like the club rules ?
Don't dress in a certain way ?
Don't sing the Corporate anthem at the right time. in the right key ?

Are the club solely managing dissent ? .. or are they actually looking to erode individualism ?

Are OSC's the next reason for one group of fans to claim to be the only "true" "Proper Blues" ?

So if you are happy to all be herded up into pens, to submit to control, and rules and regulations then that's up to you - but to me it smacks of pre-pubescent schoolboys sneaking off to have a group w@nk behind the bike sheds.

PS .. this is an INDEPENDENT fans forum .... go and find somewhere else to toss each other off.

Blimey .
You got nothing better to do than picking fights
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
20:56, Thu 22 Feb
Bit bizarre this. I'm a big fan of Rags' contribution to this site but he's being a right nause with this.
H

Consistently correct.
20:57, Thu 22 Feb

Blimey .
You got nothing better to do than picking fights

Picking fights is what will save the world.
21:00, Thu 22 Feb
Bit bizarre this. I'm a big fan of Rags' contribution to this site but he's being a right nause with this.

... if you don't see it, you don't see it.

To discriminate in favour of something is to discriminate against something else.
22:09, Thu 22 Feb
People questioned me when I asked why there was so much negativity around these OSC earlier.

I was wrong, I failed to realise it was all coming from one account.
22:21, Thu 22 Feb
People questioned me when I asked why there was so much negativity around these OSC earlier.

I was wrong, I failed to realise it was all coming from one account.

Sorry, this is an INDEPENDENT website, unattached to the club. Questions can be raised.

Now, how are those who run OSCs going to feel when they raise awkward questions, or refuse to toe the line, and find themselves shut down ?

I won't join an OSC because i think it's wrong for the club to have the ability to suppress supporters' views or to try and influence opinion by offering "freebies".

... it doesn't take long to read enough posts that show similar opinions to mine.

I look forward to the day when SHA bans OSC members from the main forum because their posts can't be seen as being independent.
22:44, Thu 22 Feb
Tbf rags raises some good points, he just then keeps going and dives off the deep end as is the norm.

The secrecy around them is fecking weird though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
00:12, Fri 23 Feb
Tbf rags raises some good points, he just then keeps going and dives off the deep end as is the norm.

Not as weird as the secret handshake they all have to use from now on
00:14, Fri 23 Feb

"
Tbf Rags raises some good points"

Of course he does - he always does
01:30, Fri 23 Feb
Christ mate. Come off it. All of your criticisms of this fan clubs thing are completely hollow. It's frankly embarrassing.

Rags

It's an independent 'fan forum', not an 'independent fan' forum, ya dafty
07:10, Fri 23 Feb
Super Hans

Has there been any secrecy?

From what I've seen one guy has posted out of excitement that the club has got some great plans that they would prefer to tell us themselves.
H

Consistently correct.
07:39, Fri 23 Feb
Well yeah, that’s secrecy is it not? What are the plans then?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.