07:15, Sun 3 Mar
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Mark Venus on injuries to Krystian Bielik and Marc Roberts

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
08:32, Sun 3 Mar
Our defensive options are a massive concern now. Roberts maybe OK but the only other option is Aiwu. Can't see many clean sheets betwenn now and the end of the season.
08:58, Sun 3 Mar
BlueSteve
Our defensive options are a massive concern now. Roberts maybe OK but the only other option is Aiwu. Can't see many clean sheets betwenn now and the end of the season.

We had only kept 1 with those two at CB anyway.

We've only kept 2 with either of them at CB.
09:00, Sun 3 Mar
Makes the decision to let Long go look absolutely ridiculous
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:04, Sun 3 Mar
Bielik out is a massive blow tbh, we’re gonna need to keep some clean sheets and he’s also very important to how we pass through the thirds which is what was impressive against Blackburn in particular.

We will need to find new ways to win
Happy Clapper
11:29, Sun 3 Mar
Why did we eff our defence by letting Long go? So stupid??
11:32, Sun 3 Mar
Yorkshireblue

In fairness, at the time we had Bielik, M. Roberts, Sanderson and Aiwu all available. It wasn’t a stupid decision at the time
11:32, Sun 3 Mar
Yorkshireblue

Cos he wanted to go, and he was fourth choice.
11:38, Sun 3 Mar
I appreciate the sentiment of him wanting to go but he's under contract and he's now needed.

50/50 between being a pretty sensible risk given he was 4th/5th choice and it being a short sighted unnecessary risk

We're paying for it now and in hindsight with Roberts barely lasting more than 10 games at a time before his calf or hamstring goes we probably should have stayed firm and made him stay.
H

Do we have any under 23 cbs that are rated?
The best one Fogarty is out on loan
H

12:03, Sun 3 Mar
Nikola Zigic
I appreciate the sentiment of him wanting to go but he's under contract and he's now needed.

50/50 between being a pretty sensible risk given he was 4th/5th choice and it being a short sighted unnecessary risk

We're paying for it now and in hindsight with Roberts barely lasting more than 10 games at a time before his calf or hamstring goes we probably should have stayed firm and made him stay.

Is it possible that you are working on limited data (as am I) and don’t know the full reasoning as to why he was let go?

I’m ngl, I’m tired of these hindsight arguments and the assumption from many that they know better. Maybe it’s because I’m a prick, maybe I’m just in a bad mood but rn, it exhausts me.

Edit; please don’t take any of that as a personal dig either, more my frustration rn with everything online.
12:10, Sun 3 Mar
Tbf when results aren’t good it’s never any different.
That’s not a dig at anyone either.
Get out and have a pint if you can mate
Tony Fantastico
12:15, Sun 3 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Tbf when results aren’t good it’s never any different.
That’s not a dig at anyone either.
Get out and have a pint if you can mate

Believe me I am!