21:11, Sun 3 Mar
After recently crossing into Argentina in our beat up VW, we tackled some interesting tracks over the Andes.

Mendoza is a fascinating region, with amazing landscapes and brilliant wine. You can do a five course meal experience with unlimited wine for £32.

Here's the latest update for anyone interested in how it's going.

bit like if I follow the satnav in Wales too slavishly
But those roads signs are impossible in Wales without a satnav, prefer chancing my luck here.
Yeah, the amount of times I went through the village of Arafwch Nawr.
Same thing here here. I keep seeing red signs for the town of Pare. I am sick of visiting it, so I just speed up and get out of there.
Fingers crossed the old bus keeps going. What a spectacular adventure!
23:03, Sun 3 Mar
Really jealous mate, part of the world I’d love to visit
Write said Fred
Fingers crossed the old bus keeps going. What a spectacular adventure!

Just returned to Chile to buy a lot of parts. Got another big engine rebuild coming up because our hose feel off the back of the air filter when we were off reading in Bolivia.

Fortunately, the Mrs used to teach motor vehicle mechanics at Bournville and she already rebuilt it in a garden in Mexico years ago 😂

Shouldn't be too long until we're back in Argentina enjoying the wine and the landscapes.
23:08, Sun 3 Mar
We only got to speed a month before needing to return to Chile for parts, but it is a stunning country. The culture, the landscapes and the incredibly cheap wine.

Desperate to get back and get closer to Buenos Aires and catch some football. Think it will be an incredible experience.
23:42, Sun 3 Mar
ThekombiChronicles
We only got to speed a month before needing to return to Chile for parts, but it is a stunning country. The culture, the landscapes and the incredibly cheap wine.

Desperate to get back and get closer to Buenos Aires and catch some football. Think it will be an incredible experience.

I’ve friends who have been to BA and they’ve said it was amazing. It’s on my bucket list tbh, but it’ll be a while yet til I get there
Driving through the outback at the moment. 5 hour drive from Alice to Uluru and passed 1 car over 300 miles, it’s both amazing feeling the isolation out here but also incredibly difficult to keep concentration levels over such distances
08:46, Mon 4 Mar
After being on my bucket list for 15 years I finally visited Buenos Aires last November for 12 days. Managed to watch games at River, Tigre, Huracan, Defensor y Justicia, Argentinos Juniors and Velez Sarsfeld. Fantastic atmosphere at all the games. Also visited most of the other grounds in the city. Trip and match tickets were organised by Homefans. Highly recommended.
10:30, Mon 4 Mar
peejay
After being on my bucket list for 15 years I finally visited Buenos Aires last November for 12 days. Managed to watch games at River, Tigre, Huracan, Defensor y Justicia, Argentinos Juniors and Velez Sarsfeld. Fantastic atmosphere at all the games. Also visited most of the other grounds in the city. Trip and match tickets were organised by Homefans. Highly recommended.

I had 3 weeks there a few years ago and travelled around several parts of the country. I really enjoyed it, so much to see and do and the people were generally very friendly and not at all anti-British.

We didn’t go to any games, but did of course visit La Bombonera, a must do an any trip there.

We did get fleeced by a cabbie in BA and had some things mysteriously go missing from our room too so I’d say just to be a bit cautious still, but these were minor irritations and didn’t at all spoil the trip.

I would love to go back and see the things we didn’t have time to see before.
18:40, Mon 4 Mar
bluepeter
peejay

I had 3 weeks there a few years ago and travelled around several parts of the country. I really enjoyed it, so much to see and do and the people were generally very friendly and not at all anti-British.

We didn’t go to any games, but did of course visit La Bombonera, a must do an any trip there.

We did get fleeced by a cabbie in BA and had some things mysteriously go missing from our room too so I’d say just to be a bit cautious still, but these were minor irritations and didn’t at all spoil the trip.

In our first month there, we didn't experience any hostility towards us, although we did we signs as we drove back to the Chilean border. I am interested to see what it is like when we get closer to Patagonia at the end of the year.

We have been very lucky for the most parts and only ever had little things like sandals and a chair stolen from us. I think people see the state of our VW and take putty on us.
19:40, Mon 4 Mar
ThekombiChronicles
bluepeter
peejay

In our first month there, we didn't experience any hostility towards us, although we did we signs as we drove back to the Chilean border. I am interested to see what it is like when we get closer to Patagonia at the end of the year.

We have been very lucky for the most parts and only ever had little things like sandals and a chair stolen from us. I think people see the state of our VW and take putty on us.

Patagonia was great - you realise how much influence we had down in the south of the country historically and plenty were still very warm to us just from those historic links. We went on a heritage railway and the guard had loads of questions for us about Britain as it was Brits that had built the railway. We went for a dinner and the waiter was a big rugby fan and really wanted to show off his rugby knowledge. I even took a photo of a game of touch rugby in Ushuaia played using the 1982 memorial as one of the posts! Then you realise that it was the Brits that also settled Tierra del Fuego before the Spanish and there are plenty of English links and references, including a town named after one in Devon etc etc.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, as others have said jealous of your fantastic adventure!