12:04, Mon 4 Mar
What’s it like for gigs….worth a longish drive?
12:08, Mon 4 Mar
You’re too old for gigs.

Grow up.
12:10, Mon 4 Mar
Fecking good point and good advice.
Ta Thongs.
12:33, Mon 4 Mar
Smallish pub venue,
There's a room at the back that holds about 400 people.
It's perfectly competent. I.e. there is a stage and loudspeakers and the sound is decent.
I don't think there is any seating. At least there wasn't when I went there.

Also it is in one of the glam bits of Balsall Heath.
I parked down a road opposite it. It was very much like parking on one of the more industrial back streets near Blues. There was even a cheap motor repair place open in the evening down there.
On the plus side my car was fine and it is easy to get away from afterwards. Just off the middle ring road.

It's really all about the act you are seeing. If they are any good it's worth it. If they are a bit rubbish, less so.

Venue fine, area a bit basic.
Four stars recommended.
12:37, Mon 4 Mar
A pub that holds 400 people would be one of the biggest pubs I've ever been to.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:42, Mon 4 Mar
Pretty much as Sheep2 said. There’s half a dozen stools in the back room if you’re early but mainly a standing venue.

Front room goes on quite late with music after a gig too, certainly of a weekend anyway.
12:44, Mon 4 Mar
It's smallish as a music venue, but you know that.
There's a traditional pub bar at the front and a largish room has been built on at the back.
12:45, Mon 4 Mar
Its a decent small venue. I'm off to see Bill Ryder-Jones again there next week. Little bit bigger than the Hare & Hounds (but I prefer the H&H). Sound has been fine when I've been, small bar area after for a drink if you want one.

Its as good, if not better than the bottom room of the Institute in Digbeth if you've ever been there.
12:48, Mon 4 Mar
Fat Buddha CBE
What’s it like for gigs….worth a longish drive?

I like it as a venue myself; it’s pretty much standing only but I’ve not seen a bad one there yet and it’s not as claustrophobic or as hot as say the Academy 2.
12:56, Mon 4 Mar
Cheers all, I'll give a whirl.
Saw Bassman from here playing with a decent punk outfit there .
It’s ‘ lived in ‘ and popular.
Caters for all genres
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
13:38, Mon 4 Mar
generalBlue
Saw Bassman from here playing with a decent punk outfit there .
It’s ‘ lived in ‘ and popular.
Caters for all genres
Specifically lunatics and FB will be sound
Tony Fantastico
13:52, Mon 4 Mar
Charcy
A pub that holds 400 people would be one of the biggest pubs I've ever been to.

From its website:

"The live music venue itself is perfectly equipped for local and touring bands, DJ sets and talks/discussions. The venue room has an impressive 400 person capacity, along with seating and tables, its own bar, toilets and access to backstage and the green room."
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
13:53, Mon 4 Mar
I was going to see Bill Ryder-Jones, but just as I was about to click "buy" my wife reminded me that it clashes with OMD...who she wanted to see, so we bought tickets.

Not happy. I mean OMD will be Ok I'm sure, but would rather have been at Bill Ryder-Jones.

So yeah, tell Bill I love him.