16:10, Mon 4 Mar
Alex Dicken's latest notebook features the obvious solution to Birmingham City's problem, Mark Venus on shuffling his pack, Lee Buchanan and George Hall's return to fitness

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Just throwing it out there to be shot at, could it be worth going 352/532?

Buchanan and Drameh either side of Aiwu with Laird and Longelo as wing backs.

It gives a bit more protection to Aiwu from two good defenders and you get the width of the wing backs.

The problem with this before was it meant Dembele couldn't play, but he ain't playing anyway now.

You could have a middle three or Paik, Dozzell and Bacuna with James or Miyoshi off Stansfield.

I don't hate it
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
19:55, Mon 4 Mar
Nikola Zigic

It gives a bit more protection to Aiwu from two good defenders and you get the width of the wing backs.

The problem with this before was it meant Dembele couldn't play, but he ain't playing anyway now.

You could have a middle three or Paik, Dozzell and Bacuna with James or Miyoshi off Stansfield.

I don't hate it

Not completely against it with the players available. Suits Longelo more for him to come back in and Laird knowing drameh is his side behind him could help him a lot.

Also now have midfielders who can pass it.

Would play Miyoshi in behind the striker to allow him to drift.
20:05, Mon 4 Mar
There's also Pritchard and Roberts who could play in that hole too.

I don't think it'll happen at all but it's what I'd do I think.
H

20:21, Mon 4 Mar
Nikola Zigic

I don't hate it

Not against that either.

Buchanan is clearly very defensive minded anyway and Longelo is the opposite.
21:30, Mon 4 Mar
Longelo isn’t a footballer.
22:04, Mon 4 Mar
We're in the needs must category here.

He's had the odd good game, west brom at home for instance.

Haven't got much choice at the minute.
H

05:44, Tue 5 Mar
I agree he’s had some good games at left back which really isn’t his best position.

Going forward when he’s not in two minds he can be very effective. Let’s face it we’ve had no one on the left this season that can whip in a cross on their left foot all season.

If it was my decision I think 433 is the way to go.
08:16, Tue 5 Mar
The problem i have with 5 at the back is that we absolutely need goals from midfield but we would need real bite in there if we effectively drop from 5 down to 4.

It would be illogical to drop Bacuna, James or Koji given they are contributing goals so you then start a scrap between an huge number of midfielders for just one spot which I reckon would have to go to Sunjic simply because he is our only defensive midfielder.

Building a formation reliant on Longelo and Sunjic plus further isolating to Stansfield seems a recipe for disaster personally.
08:19, Tue 5 Mar
It's not building one for long term use, it's a personnel emergency.
H

10:47, Tue 5 Mar
Nikola Zigic
It's not building one for long term use, it's a personnel emergency.

I would rather stick Dramah in there personally rather than upset the apple cart completely