07:10, Tue 5 Mar
The Keep Right On Podcast have put together a list of strikers for Birmingham City to target if they remain in the Championship

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Good listen this.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Not sure we'll get Messi if Ronaldo comes.
Yeah, I listened to this yesterday and was going to start a thread on it at some point if nobody else had. Some interesting names listed.

It was also quite interesting the discussion around not necessarily needing a 20-goal-a-season striker these days. They will never die out, because everyone needs goals, but the modern way of setting teams up to allow 4-5 people to chip in with double figure goal inputs is a point which many Blues fans both on here and across social channels would do well to remember this summer. That includes me too, I would have been quite anti-Gallagher, for example, but if he can chip in with 8-10 and play the focal point role to allow wingers to both bag 10, then it would be a good deal.
Agree with all of that, I actually really like the Gallagher idea due to his work rate and strength. It suits Pritchard/Miyoshi, for example, perfectly.

I love the Redmond shout too. An experienced head with loads of quality and a connection to the club. The sort of signing that galvanizes you.
H

Oh yeah, as soon as he said "Nathan Redmond" I was fully on board. Bring him home, a threat off the wings, some much-needed experience and - as you say - a good PR signing which galvanises a few in the fanbase. All over that. He has a 2-year deal but with Burnley going down we might be able to get him fairly cheap and wouldn't ask for silly money either, you'd think.... (I'm telling myself)
09:16, Tue 5 Mar
I’d have loved Redmond in the summer just gone but he’s soon to be 30 and can’t get a game in a struggling Burnley side.

I believe he was close to signing in the Summer, he wouldn’t have been against the move anyway. But I worry if a season on the bench at his age will have an impact

We could do far worse mind you
09:34, Tue 5 Mar
he's got a long term injury hence not playing that much, which may help our chances of getting him, or we may sign an old crock

would be nice to have him back though
Close to signing for us?
H

09:38, Tue 5 Mar
Fair enough on the injury but I don’t think he was playing or starting much before it

Not sure I’d be wanting to sign someone who’s out for the rest of the season personally
10:29, Tue 5 Mar
There was a comment on the pod that he wasn't enjoying his football when he went out to Turkey. It was this Athletic piece that I believe they referenced: [theathletic.com]

Going out to Turkey seemed to give him a new lease of life, but at his age he needs to be having something to play for, you'd think, so can see a move back home being mutually beneficial - giving us a lift as a fanbase and giving him something to really push on for.

That could be a load of twaddle, but what can I say, I'm an old romantic..
10:43, Tue 5 Mar
My Blue Heaven
I’d have loved Redmond in the summer just gone but he’s soon to be 30 and can’t get a game in a struggling Burnley side.

I believe he was close to signing in the Summer, he wouldn’t have been against the move anyway. But I worry if a season on the bench at his age will have an impact

We could do far worse mind you

He wasn’t close to signing for us in the summer but I know he definitely wants to come back.
10:44, Tue 5 Mar
gerrimin

appreciate the reasons why its a risk, but we also need some leaders
Chris
Oh yeah, as soon as he said "Nathan Redmond" I was fully on board. Bring him home, a threat off the wings, some much-needed experience and - as you say - a good PR signing which galvanises a few in the fanbase. All over that. He has a 2-year deal but with Burnley going down we might be able to get him fairly cheap and wouldn't ask for silly money either, you'd think.... (I'm telling myself)

Redmond. No. Such a backward step.
I just don't get the obsession from some on here to re-sign old players.

It'll most likely be another Craigy G scenario.
The cold never bothered me anyway