23:44, Mon 18 Mar
I was unfortunate enough to listen to the match on Saturday on the Blues app whilst me and the Mrs are attempting to rebuild our engine in a random person's workshop in Chile.

It was a welcome distraction at the time, although the result could have obviously been better.

I actually popped to the local off licence before the game to grab some beers and had a Blues top on.

After explaining where I was from and showing them my top, it suddenly clicked with them that we were the English club that Jean Beausejour played for. Apparently he was born in the capital Santiago, which is only 80km from where we are.

After that encounter, I was sure it was a sign that we were going to win. But after that performance, I am tempted to pop back to Santiago and see if Jean fancies popping back and lending a hand. Probably could still put in a shift at 39 right?

If anyone is interested in how the rebuild is going, you can catch up on it here. Hoping to be back on the road in the next week.

Inspirational tbf. You listening from South America, I canโ€™t be arsed to listen from Shropshire.

Go you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Pearly Dewdrops
Inspirational tbf. You listening from South America, I canโ€™t be arsed to listen from Shropshire.

Go you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I mean I wouldn't class what the Blues app serves up as inspirational, but I suppose putting up for it for over four years is ๐Ÿ˜‚
An update on the ongoing engine rebuild down in Chile.

ThekombiChronicles
After that encounter, I was sure it was a sign that we were going to win.
Thatโ€™s football Ata-karma for you.
19:53, Sun 24 Mar
bluearmyfaction
ThekombiChronicles

Very good.
bluearmyfaction
ThekombiChronicles

Clever ๐Ÿ˜‚
23:05, Sun 24 Mar
That's pretty cool stuff! I'm a aircooled VW owner, but I must say the Subaru conversion does make a lot of sense. I've subscribed to add to my nerdy VW watch list.
03:05, Mon 25 Mar
Rotax123
That's pretty cool stuff! I'm a aircooled VW owner, but I must say the Subaru conversion does make a lot of sense. I've subscribed to add to my nerdy VW watch list.

If you saw the amount of things that had come loose on the dirt roads we've driven the last 12 months, you'd be shocked that our engine just kept going.

We've met two other guys travelling down here in air-cooled engines and they struggle to get to half the places we go (although we do drive some pretty stupid routes).

If you want a classic VW and it's only for small drives, then you are fine with the original. If you want to go to places a little.more challenging (or drive to somewhere like Scotland in a day and easily coast about 55mph) then a Subaru is a great shout!