08:36, Tue 19 Mar
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Have to see if it works and if the bill has been watered down or they will have the powers promised

Reading the article, it looks like Sullivan has been one of the Premier League owners not happy with the EFL deal and blocking it

West Ham owner David Sullivan told Sky Sports: "The Premier League is the best league in the world so why change a winning formula?

"I hope the government don't wreck something that works. If over the coming seasons the Premier League ceases to be the best league in the world, it will be down to an interfering government."

He added: "Between the 20 clubs there is almost £2bn of debt, so there isn't really 'available cash' to give away."
Sullivan is insufferable
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
so why change a winning formula?

Between the 20 clubs there is almost £2bn of debt

Winning formula?
08:58, Tue 19 Mar
Absolutely I agree there needs to be more outside regulation but working in financial services I can see the damage over regulation can do as well. Hopefully there can be a happy middle ground.
09:09, Tue 19 Mar
Absolutely I agree there needs to be more outside regulation but working in financial services I can see the damage over regulation can do as well. Hopefully there can be a happy middle ground.

time will tell what this will achieve
but the amount of waste within the sport is atrocious
think of all that money swashing around in it since the 1990s and yet Epl clubs in debt to the tune of £2bn and average/poor players picking up obscenities in take home pay