23:31, Tue 19 Mar
£18m from the WMCA to help the ground's expansion.

[www.thebusinessdesk.com]

Wonder if Knighthead could squeeze an equivalent out of them.
12:42, Wed 20 Mar
It is a loan rather than given, which the article suggests, i think.

Interesting given the amount they already owe a "bankrupt" council. Hopefully more forward looking co-operation to come.
13:20, Wed 20 Mar
I'd rather they invested in the team ahead of the stadium, we've been rubbish for years.
13:28, Wed 20 Mar
Don’t think we’d get a loan from the council to invest in the team tbh

and the extra money made once the work is completed can then be invested in the team
13:30, Wed 20 Mar
this isn't the council though - its the WMCA. Isn't this where they distribute things like the levelling up money etc
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:31, Wed 20 Mar
The point remains we can’t spend that money on players
13:45, Wed 20 Mar
Kennels
I'd rather they invested in the team ahead of the stadium, we've been rubbish for years.

Champions in 2021; fourth last year. Just two single season stays in division two in the last 20 years

It's a good job you're not a Derbyshire fan if that constitutes being "rubbish for years"
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
13:58, Wed 20 Mar
the other positive to this that it makes us less open to/needing investment from elsewhere, such as IPL franchise owners like with Hampshire/Southampton Capitals
14:06, Wed 20 Mar
Bloody hell, Village People must have really earnt some good royalties from one song...
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
18:00, Wed 20 Mar
Senor_Droolcup
Kennels

Champions in 2021; fourth last year. Just two single season stays in division two in the last 20 years

It's a good job you're not a Derbyshire fan if that constitutes being "rubbish for years"

How many times do I have to say this for the size of the county, the last 10yrs have been dreadful especially in t20
19:30, Wed 20 Mar
£18m from the WMCA to help the ground's expansion.

[www.thebusinessdesk.com]

Wonder if Knighthead could squeeze an equivalent out of them.

We should do a ground share with the bears and build up edgbaston into something like the MCG.
20:04, Wed 20 Mar
Kennels
Senor_Droolcup
Kennels

How many times do I have to say this for the size of the county, the last 10yrs have been dreadful especially in t20

They finished top of the T20 group each of the last two seasons and were dominant last year. Yes, the knockout performances have been disappointing but I’m struggling to find any measure where you could call them “dreadful”
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
CJ
09:35, Thu 21 Mar
Could you imagine the Eric Hollies stand?
09:43, Thu 21 Mar
Win the league not too long ago

We’ve been sub par the knock out stages of the one day stuff though recently after being excellent in the groups
16:12, Thu 21 Mar
Trouble for Warwickshire is that Surrey are so dominant in the county championship it makes it hard to challenge for the league but in one day cricket they should be doing better when it gets to the knockout rounds for sure ..