10:57, Wed 20 Mar
BeauBarry
Big Eck jumped ship in June 2011 (154 months ago). Since then we've had 19 managers by my count (and with a little help from wikipedia):

Hughton
Clark
Beale (caretaker)
Rowett
Zola
Redknapp
Carsley (caretaker)
Cotterill
Monk
Clotet
Spooner (caretaker)
Karanka
Bowyer
Eustace
Rooney
Spooner (caretaker)
Mowbray
Venus (sort of caretaker)
Rowett

That averages out at 8 months per manager, even shorter if we assume that Mowbray returns in a few months time to become the 20th. Leeds run us close, but they could at least point to some success during that time (while we've been stinking out the championship year in year out).

Is there any other professional football team that can beat it?

Another record we could get in Ipswich's record, then hunt down Barnsley

Longest current tenure in Championship
Team Seasons
Birmingham City 13
Preston North End 9
Queens Park Rangers 9
Bristol City 9
Millwall 7

Barnsley holds the all-time record for the longest continuous stay in the second tier. They spent 30 consecutive seasons in the second tier, from 1898 to 1932.

In more recent times the record is 17 seasons (Ipswich from 2002 to 2019).
11:06, Wed 20 Mar
From December 1993

Fry 2.5 seasons
Francis 5.1/3 seasons
Mills (caretaker(
Bruce 6 seasons
Black 1 game
McLeish 3 1/2 seasons

That's 4 managers and two caretakers in 17 1/2 seasons

There's a couple of points
Stability doesn't necessarily bring success, but it make success much easier
I don't think any of the permanent managers were brilliant - but they were competent.

What we had was owners who cared (about their investment) and who wanted the club to be successful.
They provided an environment where the club was able to progress. There's a lot of clubs of similar size to Blues. We were able to rise towards the top of the group and stay there for a while.
Since then we have been towards the bottom of it.

Whether it is Mowbray, Rowett or someone else the best thing the board can do in the Summer is actually commit to keeping the next permanent manager in place.
The only proviso being that the aappointment has to be competent, not a Zola or a Rooney.
I'd prefer good football, but I'd take a pragmatist who brought a few more wins.
Luciano Figueroa
Barnsley holds the all-time record for the longest continuous stay in the second tier. They spent 30 consecutive seasons in the second tier, from 1898 to 1932.
And for the first two-thirds of that there was not a third division into which they could drop - or no league at all. They would have been relegated twice had there been.

Fun fact is they applied for re-election in 1910-11 - and won the Cup in 1911-12.
bluearmyfaction
Luciano Figueroa
And for the first two-thirds of that there was not a third division into which they could drop - or no league at all. They would have been relegated twice had there been.

Fun fact is they applied for re-election in 1910-11 - and won the Cup in 1911-12.

Your knowledge of Barnsley is impressive - thumbs up from me for trivia
Luciano Figueroa
BeauBarry
Big Eck jumped ship in June 2011 (154 months ago). Since then we've had 19 managers by my count (and with a little help from wikipedia):

Hughton
Clark
Beale (caretaker)
Rowett
Zola
Redknapp
Carsley (caretaker)
Cotterill
Monk
Clotet
Spooner (caretaker)
Karanka
Bowyer
Eustace
Rooney
Spooner (caretaker)
Mowbray
Venus (sort of caretaker)
Rowett

That averages out at 8 months per manager, even shorter if we assume that Mowbray returns in a few months time to become the 20th. Leeds run us close, but they could at least point to some success during that time (while we've been stinking out the championship year in year out).

Is there any other professional football team that can beat it?

Another record we could get in Ipswich's record, then hunt down Barnsley

Longest current tenure in Championship
Team Seasons
Birmingham City 13
Preston North End 9
Queens Park Rangers 9
Bristol City 9
Millwall 7

In more recent times the record is 17 seasons (Ipswich from 2002 to 2019).

I think I'm right in saying this is the longest spell we've ever had in the same division.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:20, Wed 20 Mar
I personally dislike chopping and changing managers. I might have an old fashioned mindset though, and some fans are very trigger-happy.

You'd think people would want stability given the failure in chopping and changing.

We keep getting the bloody decision wrong on appointments though. Rowett (part 1), Mowbray, Monk and Bowyer were the only ones we've got right.
11:22, Wed 20 Mar
Is this the most in season managerial changes by a club? I can’t recall a club having this many.
Six if you include the interims who have managed games.

Eustace
Rooney
Spooner
Mowbray
Venus
Rowett
11:38, Wed 20 Mar
Luciano Figueroa
I personally dislike chopping and changing managers. I might have an old fashioned mindset though, and some fans are very trigger-happy.

You'd think people would want stability given the failure in chopping and changing.

We keep getting the bloody decision wrong on appointments though. Rowett (part 1), Mowbray, Monk and Bowyer were the only ones we've got right.

That's a bit harsh on Eustace I think.
He did mostly ok.

And there was a massive drop off under Bowyer. The last few months we were terrible. He has half a good season at most - the end of the season he cam in and the first third of the following season.

It's obvious if you've appointed the wrong manager you should boot him as soon as possible. Lee Clark stayed at least a season too long. Arguably two and a bit seasons.
I remember being horrified by the defensive chaos at Coventry in a cup game early in his regime. We'd gone from well organised to badly organised over the Summer. I thought the he wouldn't work out - though I didn't expect it to be as poor as it was.

With Mowbray it's actually really difficult to tell, He was/has been in charge for so few games that each result has too big an effect. It felt like it was going to be be good, but it could just have been new manager enthisiasm.
Eustace still kind of feels like the last manager in my mind.

Then i remind myself he was 5 managers ago :):)
That's mental !
Crazy isn't it? And then people say "the players don't look like they know what they're doing!" No shit. They prepare for every game unsure who the manager will be.