11:22, Wed 20 Mar
Ignore results, just pure style/entertainment.

Better or worse than:

Zola
Redknapp
Cotterill
Monk
Pep
Karanka
Bowyer
Eustace
Rooney
Mowbray

For me...

Zola- worse (before he bottled it)

Redknapp- better

Cotterill - better

Monk- much worse

Pep- much worse (to start with, then he shit the bed)

Karanka- like watching Brazil in comparison

Bowyer- worse

Eustace- evens

Rooney- worse

Mowbray- much worse
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Much rubbish was talked about his football then, and will be now.

His record including style was better than all except Monk. Eustace might have got us there, Mowbray might get us there (There = results, consistency and a superior playing style)

Love that Fulham game.

Just had to have a look at Viv Solomon-Otabor, he's in the Chinese Super League after having a year in Ukraine Prem. Good on him
11:33, Wed 20 Mar
Personally, I can't really separate results from style/entertainment. You can't be wildly unsuccessful but claim to be stylish. It's like a boxer who flips into the ring and then keeps his arms down trying to dance around avoiding punches before getting knocked out 30 seconds into the fight. You don't look stylish - you look like a clown... Like David Dunn when he tried a rabona and fell flat on his face.

I'd say Monk, Mowbray and at times, Eustace had us playing more stylish, entertaining football but that's about it.
11:38, Wed 20 Mar
trying to find any of those entertaining/enjoyable is a tough ask tbf

from least to most

Karanka / Cotterill / bad Pep
Bowyer
Rowett/Eustace/Monk
Rooney / Zola
Mowbray

very much view Rowett, Monk, Eustace and maybe even Bowyer and Cotterill as much of a muchness
11:42, Wed 20 Mar
Yeah, Viv has had quite a colourful career. Love seeing a player who goes off and tries his hand in all these different leagues. Must be way more fun than turning out for some lower league team in a nothing northern town.

Good luck to the lad 👍🏻
11:56, Wed 20 Mar
NouCamp

from least to most

Bowyer
Rowett/Eustace/Monk
Rooney / Zola
Mowbray

very much view Rowett, Monk, Eustace and maybe even Bowyer and Cotterill as much of a muchness

I think the OP has greatly exaggerated the style of football played under Monk. As you say, most of them have been much of a muchness. Functional, all towards the top end of the stats in long pass percentage and low end when it comes to possession.

Pep was a strange one. First half of the season Pep was not far off some of the best football we’ve played recently. But come winter it deteriorated to some of our worst.
11:59, Wed 20 Mar
Harsh on Monk, I enjoyed his football
12:01, Wed 20 Mar
Jeffery McSheffery
Love that Fulham game.

Just had to have a look at Viv Solomon-Otabor, he's in the Chinese Super League after having a year in Ukraine Prem. Good on him

What an away showing that was. Good natured takeover. My coat got ripped to shreds when Viv's goal went in. Proper mayhem.
12:11, Wed 20 Mar
Hagley Blue
NouCamp

from least to most

Bowyer
Rowett/Eustace/Monk
Rooney / Zola
Mowbray

I think the OP has greatly exaggerated the style of football played under Monk. As you say, most of them have been much of a muchness. Functional, all towards the top end of the stats in long pass percentage and low end when it comes to possession.

Pep was a strange one. First half of the season Pep was not far off some of the best football we’ve played recently. But come winter it deteriorated to some of our worst.

I have no idea, how you can put the Gung ho Kamikazi style, played under Rooney and Zola anywhere near that high.
Mindless football, with players that did not understand, and were not capable of playing it
Both of their teams played like the pre match pep talk consisted of one word. CHHHAAARRRRGGGGE!
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:58, Wed 20 Mar
We actually played some really nice stuff under Zola, and it seemed as though the players were actually coached, and that there was a gameplan.

We did play well at times under Rooney but it was absolute chaos.
He just panicked when results didn't come, culminating in a 4-6-0 at Cardiff
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Luciano Figueroa
Much rubbish was talked about his football then, and will be now.

His record including style was better than all except Monk. Eustace might have got us there, Mowbray might get us there (There = results, consistency and a superior playing style)

13:10, Wed 20 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Ignore results, just pure style/entertainment.

Better or worse than:

Zola
Redknapp
Cotterill
Monk
Pep
Karanka
Bowyer
Eustace
Rooney
Mowbray

It’s the worst of them all but so what, he’s not back here long term and I’d put him in the top 3 in terms of actually managerial ability
13:11, Wed 20 Mar
You're not the loon replying to me on twitter that seriously thinks Rowett's football was worse than Karanka's are you?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H