19:06, Wed 27 Mar
Can someone tell me if they hadn't got into us would they still have been able to purchase wheels site for development? Planning laws favouring community development and all that.
19:10, Wed 27 Mar
Can someone tell me if they hadn't got into us would they still have been able to purchase wheels site for development? Planning laws favouring community development and all that.

They've admitted that they wanted to get into football in the UK ..... and we fitted the bill and excited them, and the city excited them

If they hadn't ... or we hadn't been for sale then they would have proably bought a club elsewhere - and in that case wouldn't have been interested in the Wheels site

So, could anyone else have bought the site ? Yes, if it was actually for sale ... it was being prepared for general sale ... but Blues made an "unsolicited offer" before it got that far
19:29, Wed 27 Mar
Cheers mate. I just wanted to know if we are a means to an end? Which I'm fine with as you say town is on the up and up and a stadium in the middle of the country with concert, nfl, ect facilities is an attractive prospect to developers, I just don't want to see them kissing the badge and saying that Billy wright had the best thighs in football......

It just makes me think about the Morgan by out at wolves and what his objectives were.
19:41, Wed 27 Mar
Cheers mate. I just wanted to know if we are a means to an end? Which I'm fine with as you say town is on the up and up and a stadium in the middle of the country with concert, nfl, ect facilities is an attractive prospect to developers, I just don't want to see them kissing the badge and saying that Billy wright had the best thighs in football......

It just makes me think about the Morgan by out at wolves and what his objectives were.

Well actually, you may have a point, indirectly.

As i understand it (and it's years down the road so everything could change) the actual stadium will be owned by a separate company from the club.... but, for the time being, the same people (even though they may not admit it - like Medco House which on paper isn't owned by Blues - ahem, did you read how i very carefully worded that Mr Solicitor ?)

Eventually Knighthead have to get some money back for all this investment so once they have developed the club into a leading Premier League team they would probably sell the club on for such a massive profit (potentially hundreds and hundred of £millions) that it covers most of the cost of the stadium and then still retain the stadium aand Blues play there under a very long term pre-agreed lease agreement.

At that point (after selling the club) then Knighthead would own the stadium and the whole site - but not the club

But ... was that solely the reason they bought Blues ? .. No ... and would we as fans benefit from their involvement ? Shit yes !!

or ... they may sell the Stadium and keep the club

or ... they may sell both

or ... they may sell neither - but how do they recap that sort of investment from operating profits alone ?
19:53, Wed 27 Mar
Good points and still makes me think of steve Morgan and Redrow but probably on a bigger scale. All the best
I think it is unlikely.
Wheels has limited uses.
If it needs Blues to be a major part of the development then you wouldn't do it without owning Blues.
No one would build a sports stadium on spec.
i know the details are light and not completely official, but how do clubs building these stadia work in terms of the financing of them, does it load debt onto the football club?

ie whilst the thought of a super stadium excites, the prospect of it playing out a quarter full in the Championship or below doesn’t, and we all know the only thing that influences the performances directly is producing a great team on the pitch, which we are light years away from
20:44, Wed 27 Mar
derbyblue
i know the details are light and not completely official, but how do clubs building these stadia work in terms of the financing of them, does it load debt onto the football club?

ie whilst the thought of a super stadium excites, the prospect of it playing out a quarter full in the Championship or below doesn’t, and we all know the only thing that influences the performances directly is producing a great team on the pitch, which were light years away from

This is something that Knighthead have presumably worked through.
FFP is the limiter currently on spending anyway, so they need to aim to have enough cash to fund that regardless of any stadium costs.
21:00, Wed 27 Mar
Is this where the new partnership with Oak View Group comes in. OVG would finance and build the stadium and surroundings.
21:18, Wed 27 Mar
Rags

Well actually, you may have a point, indirectly.

As i understand it (and it's years down the road so everything could change) the actual stadium will be owned by a separate company from the club.... but, for the time being, the same people (even though they may not admit it - like Medco House which on paper isn't owned by Blues - ahem, did you read how i very carefully worded that Mr Solicitor ?)

Eventually Knighthead have to get some money back for all this investment so once they have developed the club into a leading Premier League team they would probably sell the club on for such a massive profit (potentially hundreds and hundred of £millions) that it covers most of the cost of the stadium and then still retain the stadium aand Blues play there under a very long term pre-agreed lease agreement.

At that point (after selling the club) then Knighthead would own the stadium and the whole site - but not the club

But ... was that solely the reason they bought Blues ? .. No ... and would we as fans benefit from their involvement ? Shit yes !!

or ... they may sell the Stadium and keep the club

or ... they may sell both

or ... they may sell neither - but how do they recap that sort of investment from operating profits alone ?

Shows nothing is set in stone, but the multiple options open to Wagner, and what a clever bloke he is.

Whatever the outcome it’ll be good.
Of course we are a means to an end. They are an investment company looking to make money. As soon as they think they can maximise their return they will be off. Whether that be next week, next year or in 50 years, they haven't bought us because they grew up supporting us. I wouldn't be surprised if they went just as the stadium etc is built.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years