07:10, Thu 28 Mar
Latest news from BirminghamLive includes Gary Rowett on the coaching staff he will work with at Birmingham City

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Don't like that
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Reads to me like Cole and Shuttleworth are going to be temporarily surplus.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
I feel for Cole there.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:27, Thu 28 Mar
Shame for Cole, but Rowett is sticking his neck (and other appendages) on the block here.

I'm still confident we're staying up but it just needs a sprint to get over the line - maybe only 4 good performances from 8 will be enough - Rowetts next job prospects hinge on these calls massively.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
08:29, Thu 28 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Don't like that

Why?
Think it’s fine for 8 games. Rowett wants his message and methods across, trusting those that know him to do it make sense and it’s best to be clear

I am sure Cole with have a role to play long term
08:41, Thu 28 Mar
Not in keeping with the actions of a man who is only here for a couple of months. Here we go 🙄
08:47, Thu 28 Mar
Chris
Not in keeping with the actions of a man who is only here for a couple of months. Here we go 🙄

He is only here for a couple of months. You don't make a bold statement moving to progressive football then go back on it in less than a year. He's here for one thing and one thing alone. Ensure we are in the championship next year. If he succeeds we have Mowbray returning. If Mowbray retires we will bring in another progressive coach.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
09:24, Thu 28 Mar
I pray and hope you are right, Ser Tait. He's getting a little too comfy for my liking.
09:47, Thu 28 Mar
It would be a bit of a mess to keep old voices about.

It's an 8 game thing, his reputation is partly on the line so he's going to want his people on the side and no clashing voices/messages, a clean slate for 8 games to try and get some points.

Makes sense to me tbh, and that's from someone who can't watch his interviews because of his smugness and can't wait to have Mowbray back.
Happy Clapper
10:58, Thu 28 Mar
albi
Nikola Zigic
Don't like that

Why?

I think it's unnecessary to bin off all of Mowbray's coaches too personally.

Not great for the morale of Cole etc.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:13, Thu 28 Mar

It's an 8 game thing, his reputation is partly on the line so he's going to want his people on the side and no clashing voices/messages, a clean slate for 8 games to try and get some points.

Makes sense to me tbh, and that's from someone who can't watch his interviews because of his smugness and can't wait to have Mowbray back.

I can see the sense in what you’re saying but it also screams that the club has no faith in any of Mowbrays support staff. Could have an effect longer term. Coaches with bruised egos and dented confidence, players considering coaches to be not worth listening too, hopefully none of the feckers will be here anyway though.
11:29, Thu 28 Mar
it also screams that the club has no faith in any of Mowbrays support staff

We can't make that judgement without knowing if these changes were made by the club or Rowett. On the subject of Cole and Shuttleworth not being in the dugout I suspect it's the latter.
Happy Clapper
11:35, Thu 28 Mar
Fat Buddha CBE

I can see the sense in what you’re saying but it also screams that the club has no faith in any of Mowbrays support staff. Could have an effect longer term. Coaches with bruised egos and dented confidence, players considering coaches to be not worth listening too, hopefully none of the feckers will be here anyway though.

Tbf Mowbray inherited everyone apart from Venus, so their not "his staff".